Monday, October 31, 2016

The Voice Season 11: The Last of The Knockouts Stun

Team Blake: Austin Allsup singing Breakdown by Tom Petty vs. Gabe Broussard singing It Will Rain by Bruno Mars-- All the coaches loved Gabe's control, but couldn't stop complimenting Austin on his grit and just how seasoned and professional he is, like he's been doing this his whole life. I feel like maybe, just maybe Gabe is doing this too soon, he should definitely come back if he's able.
Blake chose Austin

Team Miley: Darby Walker singing Shake It Off by Florence and the Machine vs. Maye Thomas singing Closer by Tegan and Sara-- I love Maye, wow, she impressed me. She is kind of like a Lady Gaga. Her voice is strong. I think I would give this knockout to her. Adam said Maye's performances were so well put together, and Darby you're so cute, sweet, and wonderful. Blake said this is as Miley as it gets. Blake said Maye had the more consistent vocal. Alicia said Darby's organic energy at 17 is awesome, and Maye I was riveted by you the whole time. Miley said Maye watching you is an experience, that was a home run, Darby, you did everything I asked, you nailed it.
Miley stunningly chose Darby

Team Adam: Brendan Fletcher singing Soulshine by The Allman Brothers vs. Nolan Neal singing Love is Your Name by Steven Tyler-- Miley couldn't decide but said she would go to a Nolan concert, and Brendan you're the type of voice I listen to back home. Adam said that both of them were world class performances and neither one of them deserves to go home. I liked both of them as well, and I definitely see how this is a tough decision for Adam.
Adam chose Brendan

Team Alicia: Sa'Rayah singing Ain't Nobody by Chaka Khan vs. Michael Sanchez Just the Two of Us by Bill Withers-- I can tell that Michael's home is the piano and his performance was so good and so natural, I loved it. Sa'Rayah just lit the place up. Adam said with Sa'Rayah the catwalk is the stage, and with Michael you are so much more dope than what you should be. Blake said Michael, I've been a fan of yours for such a long time, and Sa'Rayah, the notes you held out were incredible. Blake and Alicia went with Sa'Rayah and Miley and Adam went with Michael.
Alicia chose Sa'Rayah

Team Blake: Dana Harper singing You Give Me Something by James Morrison vs. Karlee Metzger singing Invincible by Kelly Clarkson-- I loved Dana, and I think she is really different. I loved Karlee too, but I wanted her to hit that huge note, and she messed up a little, it was a little shaky. Adam said you have to see this as a win; Dana, I love you, and I can't wait to see what songs you choose going forward.
Blake chose Dana

Team Miley-- Sophia Urista won over Josette Diaz

Team Miley: Aaron Gibson singing Die a Happy Man by Thomas Rhett vs. Josh Halverson singing Whiskey and You by Chris Stapleton-- Adam said Aaron I dig your voice, and Josh you bring me to another time. Blake said Aaron you have an edgy sounding voice, and Josh you are literally the chillest person I have ever met in my life, but yet you blaze your own path and are one of my favorite artists. Alicia said Aaron thank you for being you, and Josh beat to your own drum. Miley said Aaron you have grown so much, and Josh you believed every word. I loved both of these guys, not one of them deserves to go home. They are unbelievable. I love Aaron's sound, and I love Josh's story, his vibe. Both of them come across as such genuine and authentic artists to me.
Miley chose Aaron and Alicia stole Josh


No comments: