Monday, October 24, 2016

The Voice Season 11: The Knockouts Stun!

The Advisors for the Knockouts are Faith Hill and Tim McGraw 

Team Blake: Sundance Head singing The Climb by Miley Cyrus vs. Josh Gallagher singing My Maria by Brookes & Dunn-- I am so impressed with Josh and this song choice, wow! I love it, and he made it to the falsetto! Sundance was so soulful, and his performance with him just on guitar was so impactful. Alicia loved the timber in Josh's voice, and said she felt Sundance's performance. Miley felt like there is a place on country radio for Josh, and loved that he gave so much of himself to her song. Adam said Josh you've gotten better and better and better, sky's the limit, and Sundance, you came out guns a blazin'. 
Blake chose Sundance and Adam took no time stealing Josh! Amazing! 

Team Alicia: Kylie Rothfield singing Hound Dog by Big Mama Thornton vs. Whitney & Shannon singing I Won't Give Up by Jason Mraz-- I felt like Kylie took the direction from Faith and Tim really well. It definitely lived up to the swampy sound that they seemed to be going for. The girls are not as strong individually as they are together. Miley said Kylie there is no one on the show like you, and she thought Whitney & Shannon were great together. Adam said he might go with Kylie cause he's intrigued by her vibe. 
Alicia chose Kylie

Team Miley: Ali Caldwell singing No Ordinary Love by Sade vs. Lauren Diaz singing Rise Up by Andra Daye-- Lauren's voice was almost overly breathy, I know the song is great, but I don't think it was right for her. Ali is someone who is going to go so far in this, she picked a song that just really spoke to me, and I think so many people. Adam said Ali you could win this, I love you, and to say that is an understatement. Lauren, I connect with your performance, but I would go with Ali. Blake said I tried to think like Miley. Alicia liked where Miley took the performance, Alicia said Lauren had a breakthrough. Miley said Ali could win this and she has no idea, and Lauren you allowed everyone into your heart. 
Miley chose Ali 

Team Adam: Dave Moisan singing Like I Can Sam Smith vs. Simone Gundy singing Midnight Train to Georgia by Gladys Knight and the Pips-- I felt like the Sam Smith song wasn't right for Dave, it didn't seem in mind stylistically. Blake said he would go with Simone, so would I. I thought she was soulful and there was lots of feeling in that performance. Alicia didn't think Dave chose the best song for his voice. Miley said Adam has a tough choice ahead. 
Adam chose Simone 

Team Alicia: Courtnie Ramirez singing If I Were a Boy by Beyonce vs. We McDonald singing No More Drama by Mary J. Blige-- Not loving the slowness of Courtnie's performance, I also didn't love the song on her. Wow, We gave me chills! She has an amazing voice, her performance was flawless, I felt every note, I had tears. Miley said Courtnie outdid herself, and We had newfound confidence. Adam said We, we love all of you, and Courtnie you're coming into your own. Blake said We give me some of your talent, and Courtnie you have a charisma that makes you special. 
Alicia chose We 

Team Adam: Riley Elmore singing Haven't Met You Yet by Michael Buble vs. Jason Warrior singing I Want You by Luke James-- I genuinely liked both performances. This is hard, I feel like both of them should move forward. Alicia liked the playfulness of Riley's song, she said Jason is in the zone and hitting falsetto notes. Miley said Jason your performances are so genuine, and Riley I love watching you and your youthfulness and humbleness. Adam said Jason you're an incredible singer and a good human being, and Riley, your voice takes me back to a different time, I love you man.
Adam chose Riley and Blake stole Jason!  

 
 

No comments: