Tuesday, October 27, 2015

The Voice: Season 9, I'm Loving the Battles!

Team Gwen: Korin Bukowski sang All I Want by Kodaline versus Summer Schappell sang Little White Church by Little Big Town-- Okay, wow, I was so into Summer's performance. I just found it catchy and full of energy. Adam said he would take Summer down to the little white church. Blake said Summer is an entertainer. Pharrell said Korin, it didn't require you to do a lot with your body, and Summer you were like a firecracker on stage.
My choice: Summer
Gwen's choice: Korin

Team Adam: Dustin Christensen sang Free by The Zac Brown Band versus Keith Semple sang I Wanna Know What Love Is by Foreigner-- I like Dustin, I think he is one of those artists that is underrated in this competition, and I felt like I didn't hear him til tonight. He turned out a solid performance and he related to the song. Keith was crazy! I loved his whole performance. Blake thought both guys were great. Pharrell said Dustin is a natural talent, and Keith you were really fighting. Gwen said Dustin's voice is beautiful and soothing, and Keith I love your personality, and your vibe and energy really comes through. Adam said Dustin you are an amazing singer, and Keith you called your spot, this was a ballsy move.
My choice: Wish it could be both, I lean more towards Keith
Adam's choice: Keith

Team Pharrell: Darius Scott sang On Broadway by George Benson versus Morgan Frazier sang Even If It Breaks Your Heart by The Eli Young Band-- The way that Darius's voice navigated this song was crazy. I think it goes to show you what great vocal control he has. Gosh, I think Blake should steal Morgan back, the coaches are all on their feet. Her vocals were ridiculous. Gwen said Darius was odd, amazing, and magic. Blake said everyone is stepping it up, Darius uses his vibrato to change notes, and Morgan you encompassed that song. Adam said he would probably choose Morgan. Pharrell said Darius you shared your ambition with the world, and Morgan you did exactly what I asked you to do.
My choice: Morgan
Pharrell's choice: Darius
Someone steal Morgan! Blake stole Morgan back!


No comments: