Monday, October 26, 2015

It's Time for the Knockouts on The Voice: Season 9

Team Adam: Andi & Alex sang Stupid Boy by Keith Urban versus Blaine Mitchell sang Hold Back the River by James Bay-- I loved Blaine's performance, there was something so ethereal about it. I felt so much from his vocal and the performance was just genuine. I think this beats Andi & Alex by a mile. I like these two ladies, but Blaine is in another class. I think that the girls needed a more powerful song to beat Blaine. Blake said, I screwed up by letting you go Blaine. He commented on the twins voices but said that they needed a more dynamic song. Pharrell said there is so much more than we ever thought with you Blaine. Gwen thought Blaine's performance was incredible. Adam said the ladies shined on their own, and with Blaine he said his power is amazing.
My choice: Blaine
Adam's choice: Blaine

Team Gwen: Braiden Sunshine sang Feeling Good by Michael Buble versus Ellie Lawrence sang Cool for the Summer by Demi Lovato-- Braiden's voice is so pure, I swear he has perfect pitch. To be 15 and to be able to sound like this, musical prodigy! Wow!   Ellie's voice cracked a couple times, it slurred a little, and I felt like it was too gravelly. Adam said Braiden has grown incredibly, he commended Ellie for keeping it together, but he said this is Braiden's. Pharrell said who would have thought a 15 year old guy could take on a song like that; Ellie I thought you fought up there. Gwen said Ellie was a little off tonight, and she was so proud of Braiden and his choice of song and knowing who he is.
My choice: Braiden
Gwen's choice: Braiden

Team Blake: Barrett Baber sang Colder Weather by The Zac Brown Band versus Blind Joe Mama'a Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to be Cowboys by Waylon Jennings and Willie Nelson-- Both of these guys are clearly pros. I think tonight Barrett beat Joe, his performance was slightly stronger than Joe's performance tonight. Pharrell said Joe took the song to different heights; he said Barrett you take people on an excursion every time you sing. Gwen said Joe's voice is so powerful but with Barrett, you naturally know who you are. Adam said Barrett is already established and so authentic, but he is also a fan of Joe's. Blake said that they have both overcome so much in their lives, and it makes him want to be a better man. Blake said he finds Barrett a little bit more polished.
My choice: Barrett
Blake's choice: Barrett

Team Pharrell: Madi Davis sang A Case of You by Joni Mitchell versus Amy Vachal sang A Sunday Kind of Love by Etta James--Amy's voice is absolutely hypnotic. I loved everything about her performance, and I definitely saw the influence Rihanna played in it. I didn't love Madi's performance for some reason, odd song choice. Adam said he turned into a huge Madi fan, he said Amy, one of my biggest regrets was not being able to turn for you. Blake said Amy, the notes you sing blow me away, and Madi you snuck up on me today. Pharrell said Madi there is something magical about where you take the song, and Amy is special.
My choice: Amy
Pharrell's choice: Madi
Someone steal Amy! Please! Adam and Blake are trying to get in on the steal for Amy. Adam said, I know your moves before you even make them baby! Blake then said are you really gonna choose Sinead O'Connor down there, he might have time for you after he is done with his Blue Man Group audition.
Amy chose Adam

Team Blake: Chance Pena sang Demons by Imagine Dragons versus Ivonne Acero sang Part of Me by Katy Perry-- I think Ivonne wins because she chose the better song. It really allowed her vocals to fly. Being that he is 15, Chance did really well, I think with that song, it was hard to hear his voice. Gwen said she wanted to get on stage and sing harmonies with Ivonne. Adam wanted Chance to have more of an emotional breakthrough and thought that the song was wrong. He said Ivonne has had an unbelievable amount of growth and loved her today. Blake said he got the two best steals in these two.
My choice: Ivonne
Blake's choice: Ivonne

Team Blake: Jordan Smith sang Set Fire to the Rain by Adele versus Viktor Kiraly sang If I Ain't Got You by Alicia Keys-- Oh my Lord! Jordan literally made me smile and cry at the same time. I loved Viktor too! Can both win? I didn't see any problems with either performance. Viktor's voice was powerful. Blake said Viktor I wasn't expecting that from you. Blake said Jordan that was one of the best vocals I have heard. Pharrell said Viktor was like a tiger and took it to the next level, and Jordan sang eloquently and effortlessly. Gwen said Viktor you are incredibly talented, and Jordan you're a freak of nature, I don't know how you are able to do what you do. Adam said Viktor struggled in practice but he came through today and did not get rattled. Adam said Jordan, we refer to you affectionately as the unicorn, no one has affected me like you have.
My choice: Both!
Adam's choice: Jordan
Someone steal Viktor please!
Jordan is backstage cheering as Viktor is stolen by Gwen!


No comments: