Tuesday, October 13, 2015

The Battles Continue on The Voice Season 9

Team Adam: Keith Semple versus Manny Cabo singing Baba O'Riley by The Who-- Love both of these guys, someone has to steal one of them cause they are both too good to go anywhere. I love how they harmonized and fed off each other throughout the performance. The coaches were all on their feet. Blake said that was one of the best battles ever. Pharrell loved Keith's reaching notes, and he felt like Manny's voice is stratospheric. Gwen said Manny knows what he is doing, and she said Keith is a natural star. Adam said this was like a tennis match and the presence was felt on both sides.
My choice: Keith
Adam's choice: Keith

Team Blake: Chris Crump versus Krista Hughes singing When I Get Where I'm Going by Brad Paislet and Dolly Parton-- Pharrell said Chris's performance was strong. I actually preferred Chris here because I was more affected by his performance, it was emotional. Gwen thought Chris was better. Adam said the battle was exceptional.
My choice: Chris
Blake's choice: Chris

Team Pharrell: Madi Davis versus Sydney Rhame singing Riptide by Vance Joy, Pharrell chose Madi Davis
Team Gwen: Alex Kandel versus Kota Wade singing It's My Life by No Doubt, Gwen chose Kota Wade
Team Gwen: Jeffrey Austin versus Noah Jackson singing I Can't Feel My Face by the Weeknd, Gwen chose Jeffrey

Team Pharrell: Ivonne Acero versus Siahna Im singing You Keep Me Hanging On by The Supremes-- I like both ladies. They both need some refining. I would say that Siahna comes across as a little pageanty, and Ivonne comes across a little more believable. The coaches seemed to like both ladies and think that this was a tough choice. I would go with Ivonne. Gwen and Blake are trying to steal Ivonne. Blake said in regards to Adam, isn't Howie Mandell on America's Got Talent, what are you doing here right now? You're not even on this show!
My choice: Ivonne Acero
Pharrell's choice: Siahna Im

Look out for Keith Semple and Chris Crump

No comments: