Monday, May 20, 2013

The Voice Season 4: Live Rounds, Vedo and Garrett Gardner Sent Home

In a way, I knew it would be them. Much like American Idol this year, women dominate this season of The Voice. The fact of this matter is that Vedo and Garrett are not bad singers by any means; there are just so many strong singers in this competition. For me, The Voice has been producing a stronger top 12 than American Idol. Vedo needed to be more current and singing Rock With You by Michael Jackson didn't make that happen for him. I love Michael Jackson songs because of their timelessness but Vedo's vocals weren't as on point as they needed to be. Shakira also made a strange song choice for Garrett picking I Want it That Way by the Backstreet Boys. I think what she wanted to happen was for him to put a rock spin on it but people didn't get it.

The artists who impressed me the most last week were The Swon Brothers singing Who's Gonna Fill Their Shoes by George Jones and Michelle Chamuel singing Call Your Girlfriend by Robyn. These performances were both exciting and vocally on point. The Swon Brothers clearly have something special; they could go out and make a record right now. Michelle digs deep on every single performance, and I cannot wait to see what she does next.

No comments: