Tuesday, May 7, 2013

The Voice Season 4: The Live Rounds are Finally Here!

Team Adam: Amber Carrington sang Stay by Rihanna-- Amber definitely has a big voice, and she set the bar high being the first performer out. Because this song is so simple, it doesn't work for everyone, but it certainly worked for her. Adam believes Amber is still the biggest surprise of this competition. He felt that she did an incredible job.

Team Usher: Josiah Hawley sang Starlight by Muse-- He sounded terrible in rehearsals, literally sounded like he was screaming the whole time, and his tone was totally off. How is this a stripped down performance by the way? Shakira felt it was his best performance and thought it was honest. Adam said it is a really tough song, but really great; he also mentioned that he grew a lot. Blake felt like the performance was haunting. Usher thinks Josiah is a rock star. Rock on guys, I'm not convinced quite yet.

Team Adam: Sarah Simmons sang Angel by Sara McLachlan-- Now that was haunting. That performance and her vocals literally took my breath away. Blake said that was so amazing, beautiful, and angelic. Usher said she Sarah that he knew came out and it was incredible. Shakira called her performance spectacular, and she didn't disappoint, she delivered. Adam said he has never heard this room so quiet, and he believes it's because they were enamored with her. He thinks she is one of the most incredible singers to listen to that he has ever heard in his life.

Team Usher: Cathia sang I Have Nothing by Whitney Houston-- I need to say that I didn't think it was as bad as some of the judges thought it was. I like the way that she changed the song up to suit her vocal style and her abilities. I think Cathia understood that she wasn't going to come out there and sing Whitney like Whitney. Shakira didn't think it was the right song for her, perhaps too lofty a song. Blake thought that it was pretty good. Usher felt that she could have knocked that song out of the park, and that the performance may not have been as good as it could have been.

Team Adam: Caroline Glaser sang The A Team by Ed Sheeran-- I liked this performance, a little boring, but good. Blake thought that this was a good move for her because he could picture her doing this back in the coffee shop. Usher thought it was a soothing performance, she was relaxed and showed great control. Adam loves her unique sound and feels she should be proud of what she did.

Team Usher: Vedo sang Against All Odds by Phil Collins-- I'm unsure of why Usher chose this song for him. I would have chosen a more contemporary R&B song, perhaps something like Neyo. I felt like Vedo did the best he could do with what he was given. Shakira felt the audience liked it. Adam said one thing I didn't like about you, you're not on my team. Usher was pleased with his performance and feels he's on track for success.

Team Usher: Michelle Chamuel sang True Colors by Cyndi Lauper-- Shakira thought the performance was so authentic. Adam and Usher both thought that she had a breakout moment. Blake used Michelle as an example to his team of what his team members need to do. Michelle may not have the best voice, but she does have such an amazing effect on people when she sings. She gets right to your heart, because she believes so fully in what it is that she's singing about.

Team Adam: Judith Hill sang Feelin' Good by Nine Simone-- Blake called Judith a diva. Usher still wonders why he didn't fight harder for Judith. Adam said there's not much I can say cause everyone loves you. Adam also talked about how effectively Judith is able to convey her personality with her voice. I probably liked this performance best of any Judith performance so far. Some of her performances have been a bit too affected for my liking. I wasn't totally loving her hair style tonight (I usually don't comment on that, but I just felt it was distracting to me).

Who will definitely go through on Team Adam? Sarah and Judith.... I think Adam will choose Amber to go forward and Caroline will be sent home.

Who will definitely go through on Team Usher? Michelle and Vedo.....I think Usher will choose Cathia to go forward and Josiah will go home.

No comments: