Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Voice Season 4: And Now We're Down to 6

So who was surprised about this week's two departures from The Voice? Tuesday night, Judith Hill and Sarah Simmons, two front runners were eliminated from Team Adam leaving him with his only artist, petite powerhouse Amber Carrington. I honestly have to tell everyone right now that I was not surprised with the elimination of Judith or Sarah. Over the past couple of weeks, I have become disinterested in Judith's performances, almost to the point of boredom. Sarah's song choice this week, whether it was Adam's choice  or hers was the wrong. Gotye's Somebody that I Used to Know just lacked not only the energy that I am used to hearing from her, but she didn't connect emotionally like she usually does.

The only team that remains intact is Team Blake with Holly Tucker, Danielle Bradbery, and The Swon Brothers. If I had to choose my favorite of those three, I think The Swon Brothers win on creativity, authenticity, and talent. My top four is Michelle Chamuel, Sasha Allen, Amber Carrington, and The Swon Brothers.

By far the most breathtaking performance this week was Amber's rendition of Skyfall by Adele. Her voice was haunting, angelic, and strong. The performance quality was so much higher in comparison to several other artists.

Michelle once again gave it everything she had, this week the song was Grenade by Bruno Mars which was right in her wheelhouse.

Sasha took a big risk singing Without You by Usher, and this time, the risk paid off.

The Swon Brothers could go to Nashville and record an album right now; they're that ready. Their harmonies in Seven Bridges Road were unbelievable.  

Next week the top six will perform and we will be left with our four finalists by this time next week. I cannot wait to see if things turn out as I predicted.

No comments: