Tuesday, May 7, 2013

The Voice Season 4: Live Rounds-- Team Shakira and Team Blake Take the Stage

Team Shakira: Garrett Garnder sang Imagine by John Lennon-- Coach Shakira said she was very proud of him, and feel that he is such a real artist. She said Garrett has worked so hard and had so much determination. I like Garrett, but for some reason, I felt like this song was a little to ambitious for him. He slid into a lot of the notes instead of hitting them head on, whether or not that was intentional, I am unsure.

Team Blake: Holly Tucker sang How Do I Live by LeAnn Rimes-- Holly is a front runner in this competition to me. She make such great choices for herself vocally, and it always ends up highlighting these wonderful parts of her voice. Usher felt that she had great attack on the song. Shakira loved her falsetto at the end. Adam said Holly looked beautiful, and sounded great.

Team Shakira: Kris Thomas sang When I Was Your Man by Bruno Mars-- I didn't love the arrangement at the end, but I ultimately love Kris' vibe and overall the performance was good. Adam felt Kris was nervous, but felt he clearly had a great voice. Usher pointed out the great control Kris has in his voice. Shakira said not only does Kris have great talent and a great voice, but he is also a great person.

Team Blake: The Swon Brothers sang Fishin' in the Dark by Nitty Gritty Dirt Band-- I wasn't too familiar with the song, but I think they made it sound like their own. It had a very professional sound and feel, probably because they're so in sync. Shakira like that she can't sit back and enjoy them. Adam said he didn't know the song, but fantastic job. Blake thought it was so great, tight harmonies, etc.

Team Shakira: Karina Iglesias sang Let's Stay Together by Al Green-- I didn't like the way that this performance/ arrangement started out in super slow mode. Karina does have the vocals but I question whether or not that performance had everything. Adam regretted giving Karina up. Shakira loved her sassy-ness and lungs and felt that she gave her everything she needed.

Team Blake: Justin Rivers sang Meet in the Middle by Diamond Rio-- I thought Justin's voice was absolutely rocking tonight, his vocals were on point and the only thing I didn't like was the song. Usher thought it was cool. Shakira used the word vibe for probably the third time tonight. Adam thought that he owned the performance, said Justin is a huge surprise, and that he is a fan.

Team Blake: Danielle Bradbery sang Maybe it was Memphis by Pam Tillis-- I actually felt that this song fit Danielle like a glove, and her vocals are natural and seamless. Usher said that she looked so comfortable on the stage. Shakira said I just have one thing to say like Blake Shelton always says, "holy crap". Adam said she is one of the ones to beat in this competition, it's terrifying cause you're only 16. Blake said she took the song and made it important again.

Team Shakira: Sasha Allen sang Oh Darlin' by The Beatles-- Sasha is amazing, she is my personal favorite, and I think she grows every week. Adam said you can still win this thing, it doesn't matter what team you're on. Blake said, Adam gave her up, and everyone who just saw that fell in love with you. Usher said, you gave her up? Usher said he is happy she's here and likes her outfit. Shakira said we signed up for this, you have one of the best voices I have heard in my life.

Who will definitely go through on Team Blake? Holly Tucker and The Swon Brothers.... I think Blake will choose I have no idea Justin Rivers or Danielle Bradbery to go forward.

Who will definitely go through on Team Shakira? Sasha Allen and Garrett Gardner.... I think Shakira will choose Kris Thomas to go forward and Karina Iglesias will go home.

No comments: