Monday, November 27, 2017

The Voice Season 13: The Top 11 Shine

Team Miley: Janice Freeman sang Shine by Collective Soul-- I didn't like this performance, it just felt like a lot of screaming. Adam admits he didn't like the song choice but loved the way Janice sang it. Miley says she could not sit down and loved it.

Team Blake: Red Marlow sang The Dance by Garth Brooks-- Blake is on his feet, and yes, rightfully so. The song feels a bit overdone, but it was a great performance. J. Hud said he commanded the room and owned the moment. Blake said he is a great storyteller.

Team Jennifer: Shi'Ann Jones sang Listen by Beyonce-- I think the coaches are tone deaf. I thought the tone was all off and pitch was up and down all over the place. Miley said she loves her low tones, and all the imperfections in her voice. Jennifer said America has to vote for you.

Team Adam: Adam Cunningham sang American Girl by Tom Petty-- This was a much improved performance. I love that the song fit him and his vocal style so well. Blake said I would be shocked if you were in the bottom two, you delivered a vocal that proves you deserve to be in this competition. Adam said we did a lot of work to ensure that you're not in the bottom again, I think you gave even more this week than you had to.

Team Miley: Brooke Simpson sang What About Us by Pink-- It sounded similar to the original, but Brooke's individuality and amazing vocals shined through in this. Adam said he loved how she took that song that is obviously so meaningful to Pink and made it meaningful to her. Miley said Brooke has an amazing ear and took something very mainstream and made it her own.

Team Jennifer: Davon Fleming sang I Have Nothing by Whitney Houston-- That was incredible! I mean Davon is a talented and gifted vocalist, he sang that song as well as any male vocalist could sing it. It sounded amazing, I especially loved the strong finish. Blake said he could do that song identical to Davon. As a fan of yours, you're incredible, you're a thorn in my side, you side with so much dynamics. You're not going anywhere I don't think. Jennifer said I am not blown away by you. To take a female song and sing it like that, Adam interrupted, is impossible!

Team Miley: Ashland Craft sang Chicken Fried by The Zac Brown Band-- Another strong performance from Ashland. I want her to sing something more feminine the next time around, that being said, she will be around to do so.  Adam said A+ to you for your performance, and I think you belong in this competition til the end. Miley said I think you brought it and I loved your confidence.

Team Adam: Addison Agen sang A Case of You by Joni Mitchell-- Once again, all four coaches on their feet. That was just crazy, her poise and her maturity to sing a song like that is not even real. J Hud said, I don't care if you're on my team or not, America, you need to vote for this girl. Adam said her performance was full recognition of what her talent is, and that she is potentially the winner of this show.

Team Blake: Keisha Renee sang It Matters to Me by Faith Hill-- I thought that was a strong vocal that she made her own. Miley said you're such a refreshing voice to hear, and you reminded me of how much I love that song. Blake said I love you, and you just delivered a solid country performance.

Team Jennifer: Noah Mac sang Electric Love by Borns-- The performance was imaginative, the vocals were precise and genius in terms of the dynamics. It was captivating from start to finish. Adam said I still don't expect that to be your voice. You are dreamy, and I love how you pushed that. Jennifer said you showed the star you are, you're gonna be at the top of the charts.

Team Blake: Chloe Kohanski sang Total Eclipse of the Heart by Bonnie Tyler-- Killer performance! What a way to close the show, her tone and range reminded me so much of Miley. This was such a great song choice, all four coaches on their feet! Miley said I am so proud of you week after week and for being so original. You destroyed that! Blake said you just set the bar up there.

Janice and Shi'Ann are my bottom 2 with Adam or Ashland rounding out the bottom three.

No comments: