Monday, November 13, 2017

The Voice Season 13: The Playoffs-- Team J. Hud, and Team Blake

Team Jennifer: 

Davon Fleming sang I am Changing by Dreamgirls-- Davon's voice is just incredible, it soars, and evokes emotion. Wow, the range is not even real, showstopping! All the coaches are on their feet, rightfully so, I have tears coming down my face. Adam said that song is beyond a challenge, I hated that performance cause it wasn't on my team. Blake said you're a pretty good singer, why are we even talking to you right now, you should be getting in your limo right now. 

Hannah Mrozak sang Learn to Let Go by Kesha-- Emotional performance, but I didn't think the song stood out enough. Jennifer said she is the dark horse of her team. 

COMEBACK CONTESTANT: Lucas Holliday sang The Beautiful Ones by Prince-- Lucas Holliday deserved to be able to give this type of performance. I am just smiling ear to ear, Lucas's vocal was out of the box. Adam said it is one of his favorite songs ever. Blake said I liked it, I wanna see it again and again. Jennifer said that's how you come back. 

Shi'Ann Jones sang Tattooed Heart by Ariana Grande-- I think she does need more time, there is tons of potential there but she would benefit from more training. She has that whistle range that Mariah Carey and Ariana Grande have, that's rare and that's talent. Blake said you are my favorite person on someone else's team. Jennifer is proud of her for taking every liberty in her moment. 

Chris Weaver sang California Soul by Marlena Shaw-- This did not impress me as much as his initial performance. I think he and Jen thought this would hit in the same way that Try a Little Tenderness did, and it didn't. He is super talented, I just think this was the wrong song. Blake was looking for a softer side to Chris. 

Noah Mac sang Coming in the Air Tonight by Phil Collins-- Noah has a hypnotic voice. I cannot believe he's 17 years old! He's very clearly beyond his years. His low register is so developed but his full voice is too, not even possible. Miley said he is such a great performer. Adam said this was a breakout performance. Blake said I'm the guy that had Noah on my Team and let him go. Jennifer said you are a star. 

My three picks: Davon, Lucas, Noah
Jennifer's picks: Davon, Noah, Shi'Ann

Team Blake:

Red Marlow sang Chiseled in Stone by Vern Gosdin-- This guy is already a star, I felt like I was at his country concert over the summer outdoors. Jen said you have such strong presence. Miley said I wish you were on my team, you have such a great chance of winning this show. I love your voice so much. Adam said you tapped into truth and trust when you sing, thank you, I'm a fan. Blake said the fact that you wanna represent that era of country music is amazing. 

Chloe Kohanski sang Time After Time by Cyndi Lauper-- Chloe has this unique rasp in her voice. I loved it. It was a great song choice for her too. Jennifer said you remind me of Madonna, Gwen, and Miley, but you're still yourself. Blake said I have tons of respect for the type of artist you are, you were really good. 

COMEBACK CONTESTANT Natalie Stovall sang Callin' Baton Rouge by Garth Brooks-- I'm not loving this performance. I felt like it was a little corny, and Adam hinted at that. Blake commented about how infectious her performance was, and it was great to see how happy she was. She was definitely the right artist for him to bring back. 

Esera Tuaolo sang How Do I Live by Leann Rimes-- I agree with Blake that he has not mastered technique yet, but that being said, there is something so likable about Esera, even through the pitch issues. Adam said get control of your nerves and your vocal performance will be even stronger. Blake said you have this beautiful high voice, and you're a football player. 

Mitchell Lee sang Heaven by Bryan Adams-- I felt like he pulled off that performance, that is a hard song, but it was strong. Miley liked the performance and felt like he showed what he needed to. Blake felt key-wise, that was as high as they could go. 

Keisha Renae sang Love Can Build a Bridge by The Judds-- That performance was so moving and powerful. Keisha expressed herself so beautifully and connected so well with that song. Jennifer said you are the bridge of gospel and country. Adam said I have never heard a version of that song done like that. Blake said I love you Keisha, that song is iconic and you took it to another level, I'm in your fan club. 

My picks: Red, Chloe, Keisha
Blake's picks: Keisha, Red, Chloe

No comments: