Monday, November 6, 2017

The Voice Season 13: There's Glitter in the Air for the Knockouts

Team Miley: Brooke Simpson singing Natural Woman by Aretha Franklin vs. Stephan Marcellus singing Impossible by Shontelle-- Miley said Brooke needs to bring the swag and Stephan needs to be confident. I liked both of them, I think they're equally talented. Brooke has the slightly stronger voice, but Stephan is the stronger performer. Miley can't go wrong with whoever she chooses. I almost wish both could move forward. Adam said it's rare that someone who is a 4 chair turn who gets better in the blinds. He also loves what Stephan wear and thinks he has stage presence. Miley said Brooke's voice is powerful, she said Stephan you have had a tough journey on this show, but you can sing.
Miley chose Brooke

Team Blake: Anna Catherine DeHart singing Breathe by Faith Hill vs. Mitchell Lee singing I'll Be by Edwin McCain-- Mitchell has so much confidence onstage, I loved the way he changed up the song, those little nuances were so perfect. I think he also has so much stage presence, impressive! Anna Catherine was actually really good, she definitely pulled off a very vocally tough song. J. Hud loved Anna's ease, and Mitchell you have so much swag. Miley loved how seasoned Mitchell is as a performer, and loves the sound that Anna is bringing to country music. Adam thought Mitchell's performance made up for the pitch issues he had. Blake said, Mitchell the way you worked the crowd. you made me feel "melty", and Anna Catherine you bring something to country music that we need more of.
Blake chose Mitchell

Team Jennifer: Jeremiah Miller singing Sorry by Justin Bieber vs. Noah Mac singing Hold Back the River by James Bay-- I liked Jeremiah's performance, but Noah had this performance. His low notes to full voice sounded "dope" like Miley said. Adam said Noah, what you do is special. Blake said Noah, I feel like a moron, I never should have let you go. Jen said Jeremiah it's tricky when you pick out a Justin Bieber because you should be carving out your own lane. Noah, you're kinda beyond your years.
Jennifer chose Noah

Team Blake: Kathrina Feigh singing Girl on Fire by Alicia Keys vs. Keisha Renae singing I Hope You Dance by Leann Womack--  I thought both ladies were confident and strong. I would lean towards Keisha because she clearly knows who she is and there is a niche for someone like her in country music. I could even see her transcending the country music genre. Jen said, Blake it depends if you wanna dance or be on fire. Blake said, when I dance I actually look like I'm on fire. Adam said Kathrina you're scrappy, definitely a fighter. Blake said Kathrina you're an incredible talent. Keisha you're such a thoughtful performer, you think about every lyric.
Blake chose Keisha

Team Adam: Dylan Gerard vs Jon Mero singing Blame it on the Boogie by The Jackson 5-- Adam chose Jon

Team Miley: Moriah Formica singing Behind These Hazel Eyes by Kelly Clarkson vs. Whitney Fenimore singing Calling All Angels by Train-- Moriah was bad ass singing that Kelly Clarkson song, the high notes at the end were perfectly executed. She has so much maturity for her age. Whitney is a storyteller, she really elevated this song. Adam said you two destroyed this, I refuse to decide. Whitney, your voice was shockingly clear, but Moriah your performance was fierce. Jen said, Moriah, I wouldn't wanna go against you, you're a star, and Whitney,  I didn't want your performance to end.
Miley chose Moriah

Team Adam: Emily Luther singing Glitter in the Air by Pink vs. Adam Pearce singing Smoke on the Water by Deep Purple-- I was digging Adam's performance, he was true to who he is as an artist and it sounded great. I always seem to use the word authentic for rockers, but it was.  Emily is a great singer, but I feel like I don't know her, and Adam hinted at this in his comments. Blake said for him Emily won the knockout. Jen said Adam, your last note, what was that; Emily, your performance was really beautiful. Miley said, Adam, I felt more nerves today, and Emily, you sang incredibly.
Adam chose Emily and Miley stole Adam


No comments: