Monday, October 30, 2017

The Voice Season 13: Mercy Me, It's the Knockouts!

Team Blake-- Esera Tuaolo singing Superstar by Leon Russell vs. Adam Cunningham singing Either Way by Chris Stapleton-- Jen said Esera you captured the moment, Adam you captivated me, and that felt like your song. Miley said the simplicity of your performance Adam was beautiful, you made it about your voice. Adam said Adam you won for your fans and Esera you made everyone, a fan or not, tune into you. Both of these artists are so incredible, and both so worthy of moving forward. Jen is right, Adam is absolutely captivating. Esera has that big, beautiful, powerful voice!
Blake chose Esera and Adam stole Adam!

Team Jennifer-- Lucas Holliday singing Tell It Like It Is by Aaron Neville vs. Shi'Ann singing Who's Loving You by Michael Jackson-- Miley said she loves Lucas but Shi'Ann won the knockout. Adam said Lucas is a freak and he only likes freaks. Blake felt Shi'Ann's vocal was very controlled and didn't think Lucas was as much.
Jennifer chose Shi'Ann

Team Adam-- Addison Agen singing Beneath Your Beautiful by Labrinth vs. Dennis Drummond singing All Along the Watchtower by Jimi Hendrix-- I am a fan of Addison's voice, but that song did nothing for her. It just wasn't a great choice. Already Dennis is my choice, he has rasp and authenticity in his voice. He knows who he wants to be as an artist. His guitar playing was great. Blake felt vocally Addison took that. Jennifer said Addison your voice sings that song, and Dennis your presence onstage is amazing. Miley said don't stop singing Addison, and Dennis you're the whole package, sick guitar player. Adam said you play the guitar from the heart Dennis, you're really talented. Addison, when you sing it feels like everything is going to be okay.
Adam chose Addison

Team Miley-- Janice Freeman singing I'm Goin' Down by Mary J. Blige vs. Karli Webster singing Blue Bayou by Linda Ronstadt-- Karli's voice sounded stunning. She has such a beautiful and distinct tone to her voice, and she seemed connected to the song.  Janice sang her heart out on that song. What a raw performance! Adam said I'm in love with both of you, Janice, you tell a story. Blake said you are both at the top of your game in your respective lanes. Jennifer said you both held your own. Miley said she is proud to be their coach.
Miley chose Janice

Team Jennifer: Davon Fleming singing I Can Only Imagine by MercyMe vs. Eric Lyn singing What's Goin' On by Marvin Gaye-- Eric's rendition of the song is jazz perfection, it's very styled from top to bottom. It's pleasing and impressive to listen to. Davon brought me somewhere else, his voice was just heaven sent. Adam said Davon you make me feel bad about myself, and Eric you're like another creature, I feel like you could lift off and fly away. Blake said I felt like I needed to hide my drink cause I was at church, you transformed the room. Jen said I take my hat off to both of you, you're both extremely gifted.
Jennifer chose Davon

Team Miley: Ashland Craft singing Wanted Dead or Alive by Bon Jovi vs. Chloe Kohanski singing Landslide by Fleetwood Mac-- Ashland is singing one of my fave ever songs. Of course, she put a feminine spin on it. She made it fierce. Chloe's performance was a little sleepy, but I thought the song choice was powerful. Blake said Ashland that was another pitch perfect performance, and Chloe, you're definitely connected to that song.
Miley chose Ashland and Jennifer and Blake stole Chloe.... Chloe chose Blake

I am looking out for Adam Cunningham, Janice Freeman, Davon Fleming, and Ashland Craft ;-)

No comments: