Monday, October 9, 2017

The Blinds Continue: Season 13, Teams Almost Full!

Chloe Kohanski sang The Chain by Fleetwood Mac-- I actually loved her song choice and her voice was killer. She has that thick, raspy voice, it sounded so full. Blake and Miley turned, followed by Jen. Blake said you have a rock and roll voice, you sound unique and I'd love to have you on my team so bad. Miley said you really know who you are. Jenn said this is about owning your own voice. The coaches are really going at it for her!
Chloe chose Miley

Olivia Kay sang Ghost by Ella Henderson-- no one turned, her voice

Dennis Drummond sang She Talks to Angels by The Black Crows-- Adam and Blake turned around, Adam said this knit-wit turned around and now it's an old school battle. Blake said I like the fact that different genres are coming to Nashville. He said you have a deep growly rock and roll voice.. Adam said I think we're dynamic enough to work with anybody.
Dennis chose Blake

Ignatious Carmouche sang Latch by Disclosure and Sam Smith-- I am not digging the arrangement of the song but I think Ignatious has a killer voice. He has a strong range. Jen looked like she was about to cry. Ignatious said he was singing to Jen's heart.
Ignatious chose Jennifer

Rebecca Brunner sang Believer by Imagine Dragons-- Liked her voice, but the song seemed wrong all together. Blake turned at the last minute and she is lucky he saw some potential in her despite a poor song choice. Blake chose Rebecca

Brandon Brown sang Georgia on My Mind by Ray Charles-- Wow, everyone except Miley turned. This seemed 4 chair turn worthy to me. Adam thought the song was sung with subtlety, nuance, and soul. Jenn Hudson said she hear Donny Hathaway in his voice. Jenn said Adam lays across the chair and begs and Blake points to himself. Blake thought he sounded like Willie Nelson. I don't see what Blake is saying. I do love what Adam said about him having that nuance and soul in his voice.
Brandon chose Adam

Nathan Grahan-- no one turned

Whitney Fenimore sang Hold On We're Going Home by Drake-- I could see Adam thinking when she was singing because it reminded him of Christina Grimmie. Miley and Adam ended up turning. Miley made her all girl team pitch. Adam said that it made him smile to hear her singing that song like that. Whitney has a unique voice, it will be interesting to see where she takes this. Inspired by Songs About Jane.....
Whitney chose Adam

Ilianna Viramontes sang New Soul by Yael Naim-- Her voice cracked at a few points, but I think she is definitely coachable and has some good quirks in her voice. Miley and Blake turned. Blake said I love your voice, and I see how excited you were to see Miley. I love how you navigated the melody with perfect pitch. Adam actually thinks she will be popular on the show. Miley said if you were trapped in a box, who would you want to be trapped in a box with?
Ilianna chose Miley

Katrina Rose went to Team Miley
Natalie Stovall went to Team Blake
Ryan Scripps went to Team Blake

Meagan McNeal sang I Can't Feel my Face by The Weeknd-- Jenn was the only one who turned. Meagan is from Chicago, this is a perfect match! Meagan is a unique creature, her voice is different, her look is different. I love her vibe and how she just changed up the whole song.

Jon Mero sang Versace on the Floor by Bruno Mars-- 4 chair turn and this was a worthy one too! Wow, I loved his voice and his performance. His personality came through so well. Jenn said I felt like I was at your show. Miley said are you wearing bedazzled denim? I am too! Adam said you remind me of Prince. This is a step on the never ending staircase of your career. Jenn liked to see people own their moment. Blake said if I would have done some of those moves you did, I would have hyper extended my knee. I hit my button because you're an incredible singer.
Jon chose Adam

Who do I think is going far? Jon, Chloe, and Whitney


No comments: