Monday, November 20, 2017

The Voice Season 13: The Top 12 Told "The Story"

Team Miley: Brooke Simpson sang Praying by Kesha-- I think it brought something powerful to Kesha's already meaningful song. I wanted more, but I loved what she did. Miley spoke a lot about how Brooke is so different than everyone else on the show.

Team Blake: Red Marlow sang Church on Cumberland Road by Shenandoah-- Adam said authenticity is number one for me, it needs to sound real and that's as good as it gets for me. Blake said I saw that performer side of you today. I completely agree with both coaches, I think what it comes down is the right song choice and performing it in a real way.

Team Jennifer: Shi'Ann Jones sang Vision of Love by Mariah Carey-- Hard to believe she is 15 years old. Her voice is so poised and mature for her age, and has so much control. Blake said you picked the perfect time to become the highlight of the show, that was so good. Jennifer said you're singing for your home and that touches my heart. Singing is your business and you sing from your heart, and that's why you can sing like that. 

Team Adam: Jon Mero sang Why I Love You by Major-- Jon's vocal reminded me so much of Prince, Miguel, Maxwell.... it's crazy. What a great song choice. Miley said when you teared up a little bit, it made me connect with you even more. Adam said that was even more amazing than I thought it was going to be, you're incredible.

Team Miley: Ashland Craft sang Delta Dawn by Tanya Tucker-- The song was a little sleepy but I think Ashland is a major talent and I would be very surprised if she didn't make it into the next round. Miley said she and J Hud are her #1 and #2 fans, and that she has a great voice and is very talented.

Team Adam: Adam Cunningham sang Against All Odds by Phil Collins-- Bit of an odd song choice I thought. I didn't like the deviation from the original. Blake talked about how Adam messed up but rebounded. His coach Adam said this happens to all of us but you recovered well.

Team Blake: Chloe Kohanski sang Thank You by Dido-- She's very artsy as a vocalist, reminds me almost of like a Lady Gaga. I think it was a nice choice for her and she changed it and made it very "Chloe". Miley said I miss you on my team and you're a superstar. Blake said, I'll be damned, Chloe you're a star.

Team Jennifer: Davon Fleming sang Love on Top by Beyonce-- Love Davon, he's one of  my favorites in the competition, and took no issue with his vocal. However, I thought that the arrangement was a bit all over the place. Adam said it would literally take him 6 months to prepare for the performance Davon just did. He said he had no words and tossed his shoe. J Hud did the same and lost her shoe.

Team Adam: Addison Agen sang She Used to be Mine by Sara Bareilles-- Addison blew me away with something that is soulful and thoughtful. Miley said I was singing on a stage like you at 16, but I didn't have your stillness and your confidence. Adam said beyond how incredible your voice is, you're someone who can be an inspiration to so many young women. You're not just one of the most special singers in this competition but in this world.

Team Blake: Keisha Renee sang Midnight Train to Georgia by Gladys Knight-- The arrangement is beautiful and her vocals are beautiful. They're strong and true and every coach is on their feet. That was amazing! J Hud said I think we were all on that midnight train with you. Your heart was in it and the way you delivered that was everything. Blake said if you have ears and eyes and you didn't think that was beautiful, I don't know what to say. I am so excited to take this journey with you.

Team Jennifer: Noah Mac sang Speed of Sound by Coldplay-- I didn't love the arrangement or the song choice for Noah. That being said, he continues to produce captivating vocals. J Hud said he is totally a star.

Team Miley: Janice Freeman sang The Story by Brandi Carlisle-- Janice sings from a place of experience and life. She is another real contender in this competition. Blake said Brandi is somewhere in the world going what in the world?! Miley said I am in tears, I am so proud of you. You told the story and the story is yours.

Botton 3-- Adam, Davon, Shi'Ann

No comments: