Monday, December 4, 2017

The Voice Season 13: The Top 10 Made Me Feel "Lucky" to Hear Them

Team Jennifer: Davon Fleming sang Hurt by Christina Aguilera-- I dig this song, and it's pretty amazing that he can even keep up. I will be honest, there were some pitch issues, but overall, I think he did a solid job. Blake said he needs to be on the show next week. Jennifer echoed Blake's sentiment and said if he is not there, she doesn't understand why they are there in the first place.

Team Adam: Adam Cunningham sang Maybe it was Memphis by Pam Tillis-- I have to agree with coach Adam, this was Adam Cunningham's best performance to date. I felt like the song sat in such a comfortable place for his voice. His vocal soared on the big and long notes. Blake liked that Adam sang an iconic country song that he never would have thought of. Miley said she is so happy to see him on the stage. Adam said that Adam picked his song, and he gave his performance on the show tonight. He said I can't imagine a world where Adam doesn't make it through this week.

Team Jennifer: Noah Mac sang Ordinary World by Duran Duran-- Noah continues to make this great music/ song choices. He is beyond his years. Jennifer said she enjoyed watching that and is very proud of him. She found his performance captivating. 

Team Jennifer: Shi'Ann Jones sang Diamonds by Rihanna-- I think this is probably one of Shi'Ann's best performances. I didn't think the whistle note towards the end was necessary but I felt like she did a great job with a song that is difficult to sing. Adam said you have been the most improved player here, and I love the union with you and your coach. Blake said we could sit here and brag on your range all night, but I want to talk about the character in your voice. Jennifer said you are such a huge talent, I heard Beyonce, Mariah... etc.

Team Blake: Chloe Kohanski sang Call Me by Blondie-- Chloe is just continuing to cruise in this competition. I loved that performance, she looked like an absolute rock star and she had a real Gwen Stefani-esque sound to her tonight. I think that was one of the best performances of the night so far. Miley said this performance made me so happy, I love the look you just brought to this generation. Blake said did you hear me screaming, there's not much to say after that. I don't have to sell that, sis, you are a star.

Team Blake: Keisha Renee sang All by Myself-- Love Keisha and what she stands for, I found this to be a bit of a sleepy song choice. The big note toward the end was crazy. I think she will still be in it next week, but I want her to come back with a more upbeat performance next week. Jennifer felt she earned every bit of that. Adam said it was an incredible performance and he heard she was the target of some hateful comments and her performance was proof to them that she was unaffected.

Team Miley: Ashland Craft sang I Hate Myself for Loving You by Joan Jett-- I felt like her vocal was good but the performance itself seemed repetitious to me. Jennifer thought she was a star.

Team Miley: Brooke Simpson sang Amazing Grace-- That performance and that song could have seemed overdone. Brooke is such a talent that she made me relive hearing Amazing Grace for the first time in church and it was exciting to me because she sang it in her own way and with her own emotion inserted in. This was a vocal masterclass. J. Hud said to sing from a place like that and to witness it, I am glad to see a voice like yours get that kind of platform. Blake said Brooke, this night has been stacking up, and you feel like it can't get much better, you just took it to the next level. Miley said you put a band aid on my broken heart, you're not going anywhere.

Team Blake: Red Marlow sang That's What I Love About Sunday by Craig Morgan-- Red is a strong performer, he's a storyteller. His take on each song that he sings is so sincere. Jennifer said you're so lovable and charming. Blake said you're gonna be around on this show for a long time, and you will be around after this show.

Team Adam: Addison Agen sang Lucky by Britney Spears-- Gorgeous vocal! Her rendition of a Britney Spears pop song was so deep, emotional, and captivating. That was truly everything. Miley said you hit a soft spot singing that Britney song for me. You got so creative and that's what I loved about you. Adam said there are a lot of great singers in this competition, but I truly believe you are the best artist. You're the real deal and you're inspirational, I love who you are, and you're a class act.

Bottom 3--- Davon, Shi'Ann, and Ashland


No comments: