Monday, October 6, 2014

The Voice Season 7: The Final Night of Blind Auditions

Matt McAndrew sang A Thousand Years-- Adam said his voice is genre--less. Adam said it's about not being afraid to collaborate. Pharrell said you're the subject of the painting my friend. We're going to do the songs that you want to do. Blake said you're a solo artist, I'm a solo artist, who else can you relate to more than me? Gwen Stefani, you should be ashamed of yourself for not turning around and making that a four chair turn. Matt had a phenomenal voice, and he picked a song that was right in that comfy part of his voice.
Team Adam

Brittany Butler sang The Girl from Ipanema-- Pharrell liked the way she embraced the jazz tune. Gwen said that she turned around quickly and benefited from seeing the whole performance. I liked that Brittany stood out and she was so different from other people on the show.
Team Pharrell

Evan Watson sang The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down-- No chair turns, too bad, hope he comes back.

Ryan Sill sang Secrets-- Blake said there is something laid back and powerful about your voice, you would make my team perfect. Gwen's excuse was that she only has three guys on her team. Blake said, well that goes to show you what she thinks about guys. I definitely thought Ryan would go with Blake. He had a strong voice but it was a little shaky when he went for the high note. Ryan says he chose Gwen because she turned first and saw something in his voice.
Team Gwen

Fernanda Bosch sang I Try-- I liked her version of this song, it had lots of soul, and the key changes were on point. Gwen said they were both teaching swimming at the age of 17 so they have that in coming. Blake said if you wanna swim with each other then pick Gwen but if you wanna win then pick Team Blake.
Team Blake

Beth Spangler sang Best Thing I Never Had-- Adam said I only have one more spot on my team and I pushed my button for you; I want you on my team so badly. Gwen said you have a crazy range, and I can hook you up with clothes. Blake said I fell in love with your voice instantly, and that light you have comes through in your voice. Pharrell talked about how crazy her voice was, and said he knows what to do with her. I was pretty impressed with Beth and I definitely understand why she got the four chair turn. It was a great song choice as well. Adam's team is full.
Team Adam

Erin Kim sang Latch-- Gwen though this voice was pretty but it was too far away from the original. No one turned.

Griffin sang It's a Beautiful Day-- To tell you the truth, I did not love Griffin's voice. It was a little too karaoke and it sounded like he was trying to copy Michael Buble. Very strange indeed, but he turned the chairs of the three remaining coaches. Blake said I like Michael Buble, he is one of my heroes, I think I stalk him, he probably had a restraining order against me. You have so many of the same elements that he has. Pharrell said I'm pretty versatile and I would love to have you on my team. Gwen said your voice is so different and I would love to work with you. Team Pharrell is full.
Team Pharrell

Chandra Knudsen sang Hard to Love-- I love this girl's voice! She is awesome, if no one turns, I am going to be unhappy. Oh man! No one pushed their button.

Mayra Alvarez sang Human Nature-- I love this song, and it's nice to hear a woman sing it, because it's such a classically male song. She has a strong voice, and I love all the vocal acrobats she added to it. Once again, Blake and Gwen both turned. And Gwen won out once again, so it is like the sisterhood of the travelling pants. Team Gwen is full.
Team Gwen

Justin Johnes sang Let Her Go-- So we all know Blake has one more spot, and if he turns, Justin is on his team. Justin doesn't have the best voice, but he does have originality and a lot of potential. Blake made a "Blake's Boo" t shirt for his last contestant. Too funny. Blake says he loves the cracks in his voice and his lower register.
Team Blake


Performance of the Night! Matt McAndrew: Amazing!



No comments: