Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Final 2 Face Off on American Idol Season 8

Contestant's Fave....

01 Adam sang "Mad World"--I give props to Adam for choosing this, it was a wise choice, and my personal fave Adam performance of the season.
Score: 5

02 Kris sang "Ain't No Sunshine"- This is what I expected Kris to choose. I loved it again, and there was so much emotion when he sang. Simon said he was doubtful of Kris being in the final two but after that performance he took it all back and called round one for Kris.
Score: 5

Simon Fuller's Pick.....

01 Adam sang "Change Is Gonna Come"-- I could not see how the judges were clapping when he totally butchered an R&B classic. As I was listening to him sing it, I was listening to a song that has lost all of its meaning. Through his interpretation Adam lost the meaning of the song, and that in and of itself was kind of sad for me. Listen to Sam Cooke and previous Idol contestant Gideon McKinney sing this song; one word: amazing!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtprI88KPe0
Score: 3

02 Kris sang "What's Goin On"-- Kris did Marvin Gaye proud in his cover of the song. Randy said, "it was a little light for me". What does that mean? He didn't scream the song like Adam? Maybe the song was laid back but at least the song and the performance didn't lose it's meaning.
Score: 4.5

The New Idol Single Co-written by Kara DioGuardi.....

01 Adam sang "No Boundaries"
02 Kris sang "No Boundaries"

Overall, Kris gave a better performance and the song is better suited for his voice. I think he wins Round 3!

No comments: