Monday, April 1, 2019

The Voice Season 16: The Battles are Here!

Team Adam: Karly Moreno vs Celia Babini sang Friends by Marshmello and Anne Marie-- For me Karly won this. To be honest, this was a boring battle for me. Adam thinks both of them could go far in this. He said the shocker in this is your Karly, you're amazing. Celia, you were a four chair turn and you're sparkly and amazing.
Adam chose Celia, and Blake stole Karly

Team John: Julian King vs Denton Arnell sang Grenade by Bruno Mars-- Not digging this battle either. Julian is the winner here. Denton just did not rise to the occasion on this one. Blake said there was this run Julian did that separated you, so I would go with you. Kelly said you can both sing just as well.
John chose Julian

Team Kelly: Rizzi Myers vs Presley Tennant sang Whataya Want from Me by Adam Lambert-- So far this is the best battle of the night. I think they are well matched and both deserve to go through. John thought they were both outstanding and he liked how they worked together on the stage. He said he loved the confidence in Rizzi's voice. Adam said he would go with Rizzi cause it seems like she is ready right now. Blake said Presley took it to the next level.
Kelly chose Presley



Team Blake: Dexter Roberts vs Dalton Dover sang Hurricane by Luke Combs-- Wow! These guys were well matched! They were amazing. Dexter is more polished in terms of the whole package but Dalton is amazing from a vocal perspective. Both of them were feeling the song. Adam likes Dalton's rawness and he felt Dexter was more technically there. Blake said you guys did everything you could do. I heard both of you individually and I am happy about that.
Blake chose Dexter

Team Adam: Ciera Dumas vs L.B. Crew sang Done for Me by Charlie Puth-- I think both of them knocked it out of the park vocally. I loved the chemistry between them on the stage. L.B. has such a presence, he makes me smile. The runs by both of them were stellar. Blake said L.B. we expected that from you; Ciera I  love you hit those notes and your voice had that shred. Kelly said Ciera, I loved you in this battle. John said L.B., you remind me of some of the gospel singers I listened to growing up.
Adam chose L.B.

Ciera was chosen for the comeback stage!



Team Blake: Kim Cherry vs Kendra Checketts sang Here by Alessia Cara-- Battle of the night! Amazingness! They were absolutely vibing! I loved this. They both need to move forward. Kelly said I love y'all.  Kelly said Kim, I would go for you, I think this catered to you a little bit more. John said you nailed it, it was a flawless performance. Adam said you're both superb. Blake said imagine me, Brooks, and Dunn trying to coach this song. You have to have pocket and pitch to do this song.
Blake chose Kim--- double steal for Kendra by Adam and John, Kendra chose Adam



Top 3 Performances Tonight--- videos are posted for above!








No comments: