Monday, April 15, 2019

The Voice Season 16: The Cross Battles Begin for the First Time!

Cross Battles--

Team Blake: Kim Cherry singing Poison by Bel Biv Devoe vs. Team Kelly: Betsy Ade singing You Oughta Know by Alanis Morissette-- That was amazing. Both ladies rocked it, I loved the song choices. That's a tough decision, I was not a huge Betsy fan prior to this, but that was a great performance. Blake said Kim brings something so different to this show, we have never had anyone like her before. Kelly said Betsy was captivating. Adam said if he had to choose he would go with Betsy. John said he sees a steal in the future because both ladies were amazing.

My pick: Kim

Team Adam: Mari singing My My My by Troye Sivan vs. Team Blake: Selkii singing Torn by Natalie Imbruglia-- I have to give the edge to Mari. I found Selkii's performance a little bit boring. I like Selkii more than I liked that performance. John thought Mari came off more stylish and her confidence came off better. Kelly said I know what I'm getting with Mari, but Selkii there is something intriguing about you. 

My pick: Mari

Team Legend: Lisa Ramey singing It Hurt So Bad by Susan Tedeschi  vs. Team Kelly: Karen Galera singing Unfaithful by Rihanna-- John said he is so proud Lisa is on his team. Your stage presence was incredible and your voice is strong. Kelly said Karen my favorite part about you is your tone. Adam said Lisa this was your best performance. Blake said you both did a great job, I have to second Adam. Lisa you have been a survivor. I did love Karen's tone, I think it was untouchable. That being said, something about that performance fell flat. She never really connected with the song.

My pick: Lisa technically, Karen emotionally


Team Kelly: Matthew Johnson singing Who's Loving You by The Jackson 5 vs. Team Adam: Domenic Haynes singing Damn Your Eyes by Etta James-- I love both of these artists. Matthew's personality sells his performances but this was not a good song choice for him. Domenic's performance was impassioned. Etta James is always classic, but he made this his own. He convinced me. Kelly talked about how strong a vocalist Matthew is. Adam said Domenic you are one of the most honest, raw, passionate singers we have ever seen. John said Domenic your tone, and your voice is so emotionally pure. Matthew, you have more range.

My pick: both need to move forward, but Domenic won this!


Team Kelly: Presley Tennant singing Love on the Brain by Rihanna vs. Team Legend: Kayslin Victoria singing Stay by Alessia Cara-- I loved both of these girls! Vocally, they are both powerhouses! Blake said you two being so young, I can already hear such a big difference. You  have already both grown so much.

My pick: Both could go forward, vocally Presley, total package Kayslin

Team Adam: Celia Babini singing A Thousand Years by Christina Perry vs. Team Blake: Oliv Blu singing Gravity by John Mayer-- Both ladies were great, but Olive is clearly more connected with the song. Celia seemed distracted tonight.

My pick: Oliv

Team Blake: Dexter Roberts singing Believe by Brooks and Dunn vs. Team Adam: Andrew Jannako singing Yours by Russell Dickerson-- Blake said that was tough. I am not gonna lie, you brought it. Blake said Dexter that song is sacred and you were pitch perfect. Kelly said Andrew, I don't even know if you know who you are. Kelly said you represent new country Andrew, and Dexter you represent old country. John said I preferred Andrew this time, you gave a better performance this time around.

Team Legend: Maelyn Jarmon singing Mad World Gary Jules by vs. Team Adam: Rod Stokes singing How Am I Supposed to Live Without You by Michael Bolton-- Two amazing performances-- Rod has a HUGE voice. He is a classic singer. Maelyn is so emotionally connected to whatever she is performing. John said Maelyn has great control of her instrument. Adam said that story tonight is Rod Stokes, you shocked your old coach! You stepped it up tonight.

My pick: Rod

No comments: