Monday, April 22, 2019

The Voice Season 16: Way Down We Go with The Cross Battles

Team Adam: L.B. Crew singing Wade in the Water vs. Team Kelly: Jej Vinson singing Versace on the Floor by Bruno Mars-- WOW! Neither one of these guys deserve to be eliminated. They both deserve to actually automatically advance to the finals for these dynamic performances. Both have killer voices. Adam said L.B. the composure and depth of your voice is incredible, I am blown away. Kelly said you are both so evenly matched. Kelly said if Bruno Mars was hearing that right now, he'd say oh I should do that lick. John said you are both fantastic vocalists. You're both exceptionally talented.



Team Adam: Kalvin Jarvis singing New Rules by Dua Lipa vs. Team Legend: Julian King singing Hello by Adele -- Kalvin just blew my mind. I never thought of a guy singing that song, it was so intriguing and captivating. He commanded my attention throughout the performance. I felt his angst and what he was struggling with emotionally through the lyrics and his delivery. I liked Julian but I didn't understand going between the English and Spanish with that performance. Vocally, he was great. I kind of feel like both of them deserve to stay. Adam said Kalvin that was a front-runners performance. You turned that song on it's side and what you did was truly incredible. John said Julian you made such outstanding choices with how you interpreted Adele's song. Kelly said there are some great singers in this building. I am so floored, y'all are so good. Blake felt like Kalvin took that battle.



Team Blake: Carter Lloyd Horne singing Way Down We Go by Kaleo vs. Team Legend: Jacob Maxwell singing You're Still the One by Shania Twain-- Absolutely in love with the song Carter did. His style is so hypnotic. Jacob is great but that song choice was a little sleepy for me. He played it safe whereas Carter I felt like grew from an artist standpoint. Blake says Carter has grown so much and has such a vintage sound. I'd go with Carter here.



Team Kelly: The Bundys singing The Letter by The Box Tops vs. Team Blake: Andrew Sevener singing Modern Day Bonnie and Clyde by Travis Tritt -- I thought The Bundys got better as they went along. The end was especially awesome. I thought Andrew did great; that song was amazing. Blake said country fans are losing their minds over that performance. I would lean towards Andrew.

Team Legend: Shawn Sounds singing Lay Me Down by Sam Smith vs. Team Blake: Karly Moreno singing Down by Marian Hill -- Strong performance from Shawn, it was off here and there. I have heard that song done better before but that was pretty solid. For me, Karly takes this. Her sound was so different, it was a mix of jazz and folk. I loved this! Adam said Karly you were incredible, truly amazing. And Shawn I have to show you love as well because you were incredible. It couldn't be more different up there on this stage. Kelly said you are totally different vibes; Shawn I think you have a phenomenal spirit.

Team Adam: Kendra Checketts singing Cold Water by Justin Bieber vs. Team Legend: Jimmy Mowery singing Mercy by Shawn Mendes-- Love Kendra's version of this song. She has a gorgeous tone. I enjoy both of these artists; this is tough! Jimmy was a little bit more dynamic but I liked both of them. Adam said I only pray I get to watch more of you Kendra. John said Jimmy you made such great choices today, I am so proud. Blake said I have to stick with you Kendra. Kelly said Kendra I find your tone so captivating. It's really beautiful.

Team Kelly: Rebecca Howell singing Any Man of Mine by Shania Twain vs. Team Legend: Beth Griffith Manley singing I Put a Spell on You by Screamin' Jay Hawkins-- I love the attitude with which Rebecca has when she sings. Wow, she gave quite the performance. That was pretty fierce. Beth was emotional and so good. That was such a stirring rendition of that song, it really moved me. Kelly disliked that they were against each other because both were so good. John said you really gave that raw energy in that song. Blake said Rebecca you were a shock for me tonight in a good way, you took that song to the next level. Beth, what you did at the end of that was great. Adam said Beth you put on a clinic with that song. Rebecca, the shock of the season, you are probably the strongest country singer in the competition so far.

Team Blake: Gyth Rigdon singing Goodbye Time by Conway Twitty vs. Team Kelly: Abby Kasch singing Cupid's Got a Shot Gun by -- Once again, thought both of them were great but I do lean with Gyth. There is something super special about him. Blake said Gyth to see you keep that old school country alive like that, this guy is going to be in the finale. Kelly said Abby when you came out and did this in rehearsals I was floored. Adam said Abby was great and she gave a spirited performance but he strongly believes that Gyth is going to be in the finale. 

Fave performances are highlighted above! L.B., Kalvin, and Carter

Kelly has a save and John has a steal

Battle 1-- L.B. wins, Kelly will save Jej

Battle 2-- Kalvin wins

Battle 3-- Carter wins

Battle 4-- Andrew wins

Battle 5-- Shawn wins

Battle 6-- total toss up between Kendra and Jimmy

Battle 7-- Beth wins, John steals Rebecca

Battle 8-- Gyth wins

Just my predictions!!!





No comments: