Sunday, April 14, 2019

American Idol: The Journey Continues, The Top 14 Take the Stage

Laine Hardy sang That's All Right by Elvis Presley-- Luke liked his delivery and his confidence. Laine has improved so much, especially vocals and stage presence. I love the attitude that he brings to every song. 

Evelyn Cormier sang The Middle by Jimmy Eat World-- Her voice is unique but at some points it sounded like her voice was cracking.

Alyssa Raghu sang She Used to Be Mine by Sara Bareilles-- Lionel applauded the work she has put in and her growth. I have to admit that at first I didn't think I was going to like it. Once she started singing and hit the chorus she sounded strong.

Eddie Island sang Benny and the Jets by Elton John-- Luke said you make us smile, like what the heck is that outfit. Vocally make sure you stay on top of it, but it is so fun watching you. I agree with Luke, he does need to stay on top of his vocals. I understand that he was focused on the performance but the vocals were a little off.

Riley Thompson sang Suds in the Bucket by Sara Evans-- She's a little superstar. Luke loved her choice of song. Katy said she owned the stage.

Wade Cota sang Trouble by Ray LaMontange-- His voice sounded a little bit too gravely tonight. It was kind of weird if I am being honest. His full voice sounded good. The judges were much more excited than I was.

Dimitrius Graham sang Perfect by Ed Sheeran-- Surprisingly impressive! I love his voice, beautiful! The judges are all on their feet and so justified. WOW!

Madison Vandenburg sang Fallin' by Alicia Keys-- Her voice was so exposed during that performance and she sounded amazing. Katy said she carved out her own spot.

Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon sang We All Fall in Love Sometimes by Elton John-- Katy said I am so blessed to have this job and to meet people like you.

Uche sang Finesse by Bruno Mars-- Performance wise it was great but vocal wise, it left a lot to be desired.

Alejandro Aranda sang One Dance by Drake-- Kinda weird that Luke called him a Vegas act. Lionel said he has a lot of versatility. I like him more than I liked that performance but I think he should go through.

Ashley Hess sang Fix You by Coldplay-- Her performance seemed sincere but somehow that song is a bit overdone. Katy compared her to a Diana Krall or Carole King.

Laci Kaye Booth sang I Miss You by Blink 182-- Katy called her performance timeless. Luke liked that she called herself out for the spray tan. I loved how she did this song, it was beautiful, Blink 182 kind of does it as a ballad too, but the way she slowed it down and matched with her beautiful vocals was stunning.

Walker Burroughs sang Climb Every Mountain from The Sound of Music-- That was a great performance, and Luke is right, that is a tough song.

Who is going home? Evelyn, Wade, Ashley, and a toss up between Eddie and Jeremiah




No comments: