Monday, March 25, 2019

The Voice Season 16: Amazing Battles Are Never Too Much

Team Legend-- Khalid is the advisor, and Matthew Johnson and Shawn Sounds are singing Never Too Much by Luther Vandross-- First off, they look like they are performing at a BIG party. They are enthusiastic, such exuberance when they sing. They are truly enjoying themselves. The harmonies when they sing together are tight! I love both of them! Standing ovation from the coaches. Adam said it was like a tennis match, both of you are great singers. Blake said it's impossible to choose one over the other. I wish there was a button I could push to make you a duo. Kelly said you two are phenomenal, that's why you are both four chair turns, right. Matthew you are a light, and Shawn your runs are so crazy cool. Matthew I have to go with you because you make me smile with my heart. John said you both have a love of music in you.
John chose Shawn, someone needs to steal Matthew! Adam and Kelly with the steal. Adam said I like to lead by example and Kelly said I like drama! Matthew chose Kelly



Team Kelly-- Kelsea Ballerini is the advisor, The Bundys and Mikaela Astel are singing Songbird by Eva Cassidy-- They all sounded beautiful, it was so gentle and vulnerable. I loved how the harmonies were so good.  Adam said Mikaela you're so great and you're so young. The Bundys, you guys are super sweet and that was so graceful. Kelly said she needed to go with whoever was more ready for the knockouts so she picked.....
The Bundys ..... I think Mikaela was nervous.

Team Blake-- Brooks and Dunn are the advisors, Gyth Rigdon and Rod Stokes are singing Drunk Me by Mitchell Tenpenny-- I think this was Rod, but it was close. They are both great country vocalists. Rod has a unique voice, and Gyth has a killer range. Kelly said Rod slayed that song, and Gyth you were so comfortable on the stage. John said Rod's vocal tone is unique, and Gyth has great vocal runs; he'd go with Gyth. Adam said it was pretty even, but I think Rod you took this one.
Blake chose Gyth, wow and Adam really wanting a country singer stole Rod! Amazing!

Team Adam-- Charlie Puth is the advisor-- Domenic Haynes and Trey Rose are singing I Need a Dollar by Aloe Blacc-- Domenic actually sounds a little bit like Aloe. He has that same grit in his voice. Trey dirtied it up though which was awesome. Blake said hats off to both of you. Trey you hit those cool falsetto notes, and Domenic you have such a freedom when you perform. Kelly said it was very even. John said Domenic you are so different, I wanted you on my team. Adam said you guys did everything we talked about. Trey you had so much energy and excitement you went hard.
Adam chose Domenic



Team Legend-- Savannah Brister and Maelynn Jarmon are singing When We Were Young by Adele-- Very well matched, they are both really good! I would go with Savannah. I just really liked the tone of her voice. Blake said Maelynn you reached the bar again, and Savannah we figured out that you are incredible. Kelly said Savannah was the winner for her.
John chose Maelynn

Team Kelly-- Beth Griffith Manley and Jej Vinson are singing Jealous by Labrinth-- Wow, even in rehearsals they are incredible! Incredible! They were both vocally there for each other. John said Jej your tone was interesting and cool, same with you Beth. Adam said the unison you guys did was the best I have even heard. I am going to go with Jej. Blake said Beth you were incredible, and Jej you were matching her note for note.
Kelly chose Jej, and John came in with the steal for Beth



Top 3 Battles Tonight--- Matthew and Shawn, Domenic and Trey, and Beth and Jej! Amazing Performances!

No comments: