Monday, March 4, 2019

The Voice Season 16: Starving for The Blinds

Jacob Maxwell sang Delicate by Taylor Swift-- John and Kelly turned fairly quickly. Interesting rendition of the song, his tone was different. I personally wasn't that big a fan. I think I would like to hear him sing something else. Jacob felt his voice was heavenly and like Jeff Buckley and James Morrison. John said he looked like Leo DiCaprio and he said I get Harry from 1D more often. Kelly has a theory that guys don't pick her.
Jacob chose John.... Is Kelly right?

Karley Moreno sang Starving by Hailee Steinfeld-- She has a pleasant tone. I liked her vibe. She looks the part of a star. I want to hear her sing other songs but this is exciting. Adam was the only that turned. He said she sounded like a Regina Spektor; what she is going to do going forward will be underestimated. He loved her vulnerability. The other coaches loved the purity in her voice.
Adam chose Karley

Luna Searles sang Nutbush City Limits by Tina Turner-- The coaches did not turn. They all told her to show more, the song may not have been right for her. She previously auditioned in Season 2.

Carter Lloyd Horne sang Drinkin' Problem-- Kelly and Blake agreed to both go at the last minute. Carter has an old school voice, I feel like people who are authentic country tend to go with Team Blake. Adam said that song was so inappropriate for your age, and Blake said if inappropriate is your thing and he pointed at himself. Kelly is waiting for a guy to choose her.
Carter chose Blake

Talon Cardon sang Say You Won't Let Go by James Arthur-- I am not liking this personally. It's a little too lethargic for me. John turned for him at the last minute. I could actually see John helping him quite a bit.
John chose Talon

Patrick McAloon sang Runaway Train by Soul Asylum-- There is so much character in his voice. John said you sounded incredible. Adam thought he would be a perfect fit for team Adam. He said that song choice spoke to him. He loves his grit and high range.  Blake said I love Soul Asylum it's one of my favorite bands. We would look good together. I love Patrick, I would be honored to have you on my team.
Patrick chose Adam



Ruby McAloon sang Back to You by Selena Gomez-- No one turned!

Alena D'Amico sang In My Blood by Shawn Mendes-- I can't figure out if she is a pop artist, country artist or maybe both, like a Taylor Swift. I liked the versatility of her voice. Kelly and Blake turned.
Adam told Alena to pick Kelly. Blake said there is no one like you on my team. Alena said her mom loves Blake, and Blake said where's your mom. Kelly said reign it in a tiny bit in certain areas, I loved your song selection. I would love to be your coach.
Alena chose Kelly

Kanard Thomas sang Riding with the King by BB King and Eric Clapton-- No one turned. He had some pitch issues. Blake said I think you're a good singer. I just wanted some aggression. Kanard was chosen for the Comeback Stage!

Dexter Roberts sang Like a Cowboy by Randy Houser-- At one point John, Kelly, and Blake all turned at the same time. Adam turned at the very end. Dexter is so good! He has such a strong voice. He reminds me a little bit of Garth Brooks in terms of voice. John said your voice is so rich. Adam said what you do is so astounding. I turned out of respect, but I don't want you to pick me. Don't pick me, because it would be too bold, too daring, and we would go too far. John said Blake is here to limit you and we are here to expand your horizons. Kelly said males never pick me on this show. Blake said who sings that song? And Adam said that is crap because if someone sings something you don't know Blake you said I don't know that song but I am just a fan of you, and he does an impersonation of Blake. Blake said I just happen to know what I love.
Dexter chose Blake



Jej Vinson sang Passionfruit by Drake -- Kelly turned early and then Blake followed by John and Adam. Wow! His voice was so special. He can sing low beautifully and high with so much strength. That was amazing. Adam said you're a better singer than all of us. John said it is like you picked the note you wanted and pulled it out of the air. He said I am glad you got 4 chairs, you deserved it. Blake said everyone is nervous talking to you right now. You might be the winner of the Voice.  Kelly said I can win this show with you, you're incredible!
Jej chose Kelly! 4 Chair Turn!



Top 3 tonight--- Jej, Dexter, and Patrick. I also loved Karley, something special about her.

No comments: