Monday, March 18, 2019

The Voice Season 16: A Good Night for The Blinds

Celia Babini sang I Don't Want to Be You Anymore by Billie Eilish-- Deserving four chair turn! Celia has such a different sound. I have never heard this song but she sounded like Florence Welch  and a little like Fiona Apple as John mentioned. Blake said her performance was captivating, you're a champ. I think you're incredible. Kelly said she loves that song and loves that she sounds so different from the original artist. Adam said we're missing a Fiona Apple right now; you're the future right now. He said Celia is a unicorn and she said that she connected with Adam.
Celia chose Adam



Cecily Hennigan sang Foolish Games by Jewel-- She was incredible and Blake scored her cause no one else turned. She was so mature and that song was gorgeous on her. She sang it so beautifully. Adam said he was ashamed of himself for not turning. John said your voice is developed beyond your years (she is 16). Kelly said I am kinda glad you're on his team, cause it's so weird. Blake said I don't think you know what you're capable of.
Blake chose Cecily

Kalvin Jarvis sang  A Good Night by John Legend-- He has a great voice, I am surprised more coaches didn't turn. Kelly liked the lows in his voice. Adam called him ridiculous and said his song choice was bold. John said you picked my song, and I am picky. Blake said when John didn't push for his own song, I got distracted, I started thinking about breakfast food.
Kalvin chose Adam

Ava August sang House of the Rising Sun-- No turns

David Owens sang I Can't Make You Love Me by Bonnie Raitt-- Kelly was the only one who turned. He had an incredible voice too! Wow! I loved the rasp and the breaks in his voice, so gorgeous. It is insane that no one else turned for him!
Kelly chose David



Presley Tennant sang Stone Cold by Demi Lovato-- She has a mature voice! This is a great song for her, Demi Lovato is popular this year. Another one chair turn for Kelly. John said you picked a really good song and you sounded incredible in the higher range areas. Kelly said I am so excited that they are dumb. She has a mighty range.
Kelly chose Tennant



Rod Stokes sang To Love Somebody by The Bee Gees-- He is a country soul singer, he compares himself to a male Kelly Clarkson. He has great tone in his voice, and he feels the music. Loved this! All the coaches turned except for Kelly. John said I loved the gravel but clarity in your voice. Adam said I don't know what took these guys to turn. It was effortless. Blake is pushing the country part of himself and Rod.
Rod chose Blake who completed his team!

Calista Garcia sang Wishing Well-- No turns.

Andrew Jannako  sang Beautiful Crazy by Luke Combs--  It's funny, but whenever country artists go on a team other than Team Blake, they are not as impressive. I liked Andrew but I didn't find his voice great. Blake is trying to get Andrew to choose Kelly and not Adam. Blake said there is a reason that country singers don't go to Team Adam. Adam said you will be the only country singer on my team.
Andrew chose Adam and Adam's Team is now full!
Kayslin chose John

Maddi Fraser sang Get It While You Can by Janis Joplin-- No turns!

Jackson Marlow sang Old Troubadour by George Strait-- Jackson is Red Marlow's nephew! Kelly said Prince Charming you are a little young and I am married, but I will take you for my team.  I thought it was interesting how they did not play up the Red Marlow part of things more.
Kelly chose Jackson

Top 3 tonight--- Celia, David, and Presley


No comments: