Monday, March 11, 2019

The Voice Season 16: Tell Me You Love the Blinds

Beth Griffith Manley sang Til You Come Back to Me by Aretha Franklin-- She has a beautiful voice and she is a technically sound singer. You can tell that she has Motown written all over her. Adam said I love you, and she said I love you too Adam, and he said, no, you don't understand, I'm in love with you. I missed my opportunity. Kelly said I am so excited you're on the show! He thought she had a lot of guts choosing Aretha as her blind audition. John and Kelly turned, and Beth identified with the rasp in Kelly's voice.
Beth chose Kelly

Selkii sang I Try by Macy Gray-- Selkie has a unique voice and tone. Adam and Blake turned. Adam liked her song choice and vibe. He felt like it was important to get Selkie on his team because his wife would love her being that she is South African. Blake tells her he has never been to South Africa but he would like to think that she is country over there. Blake also liked her singer/ songwriter vibe.
Selkie chose Blake

Jae Jen--  No one turned. I didn't think the song wasn't interesting enough. John said it sounded too clean and safe.

Denton Arnell sang Hold On We're Going Home by Drake-- I actually felt vibes of John Legend in his voice, so it was super cool that John turned so quickly. He had this comfy and familiar vibe to his voice. John liked how he was so creative with the melody of the song. I am a little bit surprised that more coaches did not turn, he had such an easy sound.
John chose Denton

Ciera Dumas sang Tell Me You Love Me by Demi Lovato-- Adam and John turned right away. I loved the rasp in her voice. I was digging how she slightly chained the melody of the song at the beginning and then when it got going, I was saying, I like this! Adam said what you are doing screams what this show is all about. John said I felt the power, pain, and emotion in your voice. You have a story to tell, and I would love for you to tell it here on The Voice. Kelly loved the rasp in her voice. Blake compared her to Bonnie Tyler. Adam said your voice is like right here, you're unstoppable, you could win this thing.
Ciera chose Adam



Andrew Sevener sang Honky Tonk Women by The Rolling Stones-- Andrew is an authentic country guy, very clear. This song worked well for him in terms of his musical style and showcasing his guitar skills.  Kelly said I am tired of turning for country artists and having them choose Blake. John liked his guitar solo. Blake says that he can hear Hank Williams Jr. in his voice.

Mari sang Boo'd Up by Ella Mai-- Her voice was so freaking exciting. I was just smiling listening to her sing. Mari told John she listens to him a lot and that he did a duet with Ella Mai. Adam said you should be in 1976, I believe I can integrate you into this show the best. Blake tells her to choose John and Mari chose Adam! She said I picked Adam because I felt like he wanted to do the best for me in this competition.
Mari chose Adam



Crystal Rose sang Wicked Games by Chris Issak-- Wow! I need to be honest, I am a little surprised no one turned. Adam said it is one of his favorite songs and he urged her to come back again. John said it's a matter of you putting it together in a better package.
Blake said he was ready to push, he loved her chest voice.

Abby Kasch sang Here for the Party by Gretchen Wilson -- Personally wasn't as excited as Blake and Kelly but I always look for people to prove me wrong. Blake and Kelly turned. Of course Blake pushes that he is country, and Adam pushes for Abby to pick Kelly. Kelly was so surprised that Abby picked her.
Abby chose Kelly

Mikaela Astel sang Electric Love by -- Loved her! I cannot believe the maturity in her voice at 14. She does, as Kelly said, have incredible tone, and that really sets her apart. Kelly said your tone cannot be taught, it is so cool and so vibey. I am so happy you're here. John said I loved your tone, you would stand out from the crowd. I think you're gonna be a star. Adam was so cute with her, he told her to close her eyes, follow her heart, and go with her first choice.
Mikaela chose Kelly

Anthony Ortiz sang That's What Makes You Beautiful by One Direction
Adam chose Anthony

Oliv Blu sang On and On by Erykah Badu
John chose Oliv

Kayla Seeber sang Baby One More Time by Britney Spears--I didn't love it. It was too aggressive. It's almost like she was pushing too hard. I didn't like her song selection. I loved Kelly's feedback. She compared her to Gwen but said she was waiting for that sweetness and ache that Gwen has in her voice.

Oh Wow! Crystal and Kayla have been chosen for the comeback stage.

Shawn Sounds sang All My Life by KC and Jo Jo-- Yes! They all took forever to turn. I was in from the beginning. Shawn had an amazing song choice; he sounded John said you nailed it, you deserved 4 chairs. Adam said I should have turned when I had the instinct. Blake thought the triple lindy ending was incredible. He said we're not meant to be in the same genre. I am meant to make you the best you can be. Kelly loved that he is a teacher.
Shawn chose John



Amazing show! Who wasn't good tonight? Top 3 for me-- Ciera, Mari, and Shawn

No comments: