Monday, April 24, 2017

The Voice Season 12: The Top 12 Sing A Song for You

Team Adam: Jesse Larsen sang To Make You Feel My Love by Bob Dylan-- Is there anything that Jesse cannot sing? He is so authentic, so real, and so soulful. There is a legit richness to his voice that is just so appealing to listen to. Shania said you are just a stunning vocalist, and I was very moved. Adam said you are the most pure vocalist in this competition.

Team Adam: Mark Isaiah sang One Dance by Drake-- This is a cool song choice for him and I love the arrangement. Shania said you have a definite star quality. Adam said he had his doubts but that Mark pulled it together and deserves to be here. He said that people should vote for him because his performance was like he was not a contestant on the show but coming by to promote his new single.

Team Alicia: Stephanie Rice sang White Flag by Dido-- I am not the biggest Stephanie fan but for some reason, I related to this performance. I thought she represented and was strong. Shania said your emotion was pouring out of you. Gwen said she channeled her inner pain and emotion. Alicia said you are the purest artist on this show, and you arranged this. You deserve all the votes to continue being an artist.

Team Gwen: Troy Ramey sang Free Fallin' by Tom Petty-- I am obsessed with Troy and obsessed with his voice and song choice. Shania said I am so blown away, I love all the subtleties of your voice, you're a true stylist, I loved it. Adam said I liked it, I just love listening to you sing. Gwen said your personality came through tonight.

Team Blake: Aliyah Moulden sang Heat Wave by Martha Reeves and The Vandellas-- Aliyah is so bright and so charismatic, her confidence makes her vocals so strong. She is clearly someone to watch in this competition. Shania said Aliyah commanded the stage and is such a professional. Blake has been an incredible influence on you. Blake said you blow me away every time you get on the stage, you take another step towards being a complete artist. Your smile lights up a room and you're becoming a performer.

Team Alicia: Chris Blue sang Love and Happiness by Al Green-- I thought this performance had just so much realness. I loved his energy and just everything about the vocal was so organic. Shania said you can sing anything all day long, you brought it from a cool, collected place to everyone just exploding with you. Alicia said you make things electric. Alicia said America is feeling you.

Team Blake: Lauren Duski sang Lord I Hope This Day is Good by Lee Ann Womack-- Love Lauren's voice, this was a little rough for me in terms of song choice. Shania said you are an honest spirit. Blake said we have been waiting for someone like Lauren on this show.

Team Adam: Lilli Passero sang Man I Feel Like a Woman by Shania Twain-- I feel like Lilli was definitely sick and I could tell. She seemed out of breath about half way through the performance. Shania said you did an amazing job with that song. Adam said I am impressed that you can do whatever you want to do. This is just the beginning.

Team Gwen: Brennley Brown sang Long Long Time by Linda Ronstadt-- Wow, all the ladies were on their feet. This was a beautiful and heartfelt performance. Shania said your technique was great all the way around. This is really as good as it gets. Blake said I don't know if you're still mad at me, but every time you get on stage you blow me away just a little bit more. Gwen said I cannot believe you're on my team.

Team Blake: T Soul sang Always on My Mind by Willie Nelson-- I am a big T Soul fan, my only thing with this song is that it was a little too down, I wanted to hear him do something up, but I think he is going to be around another week. Shania said you have so much soul and heart. Blake said I have never seen anyone get lost in their performance the way you do. T Soul deserves to be here so you have to vote for him.

Team Gwen: Hunter Plake sang Somebody That I Used to Know by Goethe-- This was one of my favorite performances tonight! I loved this, I liked the way he changed it, his vocals were HOT! Shania said she felt like she was at a concert, and she thought the performance was credible. Gwen said it was exciting to see you do something like that.

Team Alicia: Vanessa Ferguson sang A Song for You by Leon Russell-- Vanessa gave just a beautiful and touching performance. The vocals were right on tonight. Shania said Vanessa you are pure class inside and out, you have a sense of style and that really comes out. Alicia said you break down walls inside of all of us.

Bottom 3: Stephanie, Lilli, and Lauren or T Soul

No comments: