Monday, May 1, 2017

The Voice Season 12: The Top 11 Show Us How to Love Them

Team Alicia: Stephanie Rice sang Behind Blue Eyes by the Who-- It was a cool song choice, and I liked what she did with it. She really breathed herself into the vocal. Alicia said it really came through that Stephanie felt like the song described her life.

Team Blake: Aliyah Moulden sang Take It Back by Reba McEntire-- I didn't love the song choice as much as I thought I would. The growl part I felt like was overdone. The style of the song was all her, and the end of the performance was strong. Which is good because that's what people will remember. Alicia loved the growl in her voice. Blake said I am blown away and America is falling in love with you because how can they not.

Team Blake: T Soul sang Lay Me Down by Sam Smith-- I love this song, it is my favorite Sam Smith song. I found the performance comfortable and in the zone for him. However, I thought his vocal was somewhat pitchy. Blake called T Soul a beast and said his performance was unbelievable.

Team Adam: Lilli Passero sang Town Without Pity by Gene Pitney-- It was a very throwback performance. I felt like the only thing I wanted more from her in terms of her feeling the lyric she is singing. She has the technique down, now she just needs that other part. Alicia said I was so feeling that, it was so relevant. I loved it. Adam said I'm so happy and I felt like we were in another time, and it's hard to do that without feeling contrived or sincere.

Team Gwen: Hunter Plake sang All I Want by Kodaline-- Wow, his range is pretty incredible. I think the song should have been a little bit more mainstream, but the lyric was relevant. I feel like he is the most ready of anyone to make a record. Adam said I love your voice, it's so distinct. Gwen said this a real artist who writes his own music. I can't believe you're on my team and I can't wait to buy your album.

Team Alicia: Vanessa Ferguson sang Diamonds by Rihanna-- Vanessa has been the most consistent performer on the show. She lost her pitch at one point in the song though which was surprising. Blake said I have always been most intimidated by you sis. Alicia said your vocals are so effortless.

Team Blake: Lauren Duski sang Somewhere in my Broken Heart by Randy Travis and Billy Dean-- Liked Lauren in this more than anything she has sung before. She did not lack emotion and her voice just resonated, there was an unmatched sincerity. My only criticism would be that I'd like to see her sing something upbeat. Adam said you're gonna be in the finale, you do it so effortlessly and in a classy way. You're incredible. Blake said your voice is classic but you don't sound like anyone else.

Team Adam: Mark Isaiah sang How to Love by Lil Wayne-- Tell you what, the song was a good idea. Adam said Mark chose it. Christina Grimmie did this song when she was on the show and she left me breathless, Mark was impressive, don't get me wrong. I think it just lacked sparkle. Gwen said you're already in my heart, and that feels like your song. You're so gifted. Adam said I was a little worried, that's a tough song. I just trusted you would come out here and blow me away. He does not deserve to be in the bottom again.

Team Adam: Jesse Larsen sang Human by Rag and Bone Man-- Probably my fave on the show end of story. Jesse is so soulful, and I will say it every week. Loved the song choice, and loved his authenticity. Adam said Jesse is not a popstar, you come out here and you sing your face off, you're an incredible talent and the best singer in this competition.

Team Gwen: Brennley Brown sang River by Joni Mitchell-- Brennley always resonates with me. I feel every note and her feelings are mine when she sings. This was flawless, if this girl is not in the finals, it will be criminal. How can she be that young and that talented? She just has it! Adam said I'm so happy you're with Gwen, it's cool to hear you sing a Joni Mitchell song. I loved your refreshing originality. Gwen said there is no way you're 15 and you can channel a Joni Mitchell song that's so revered and so deep.

Team Alicia: Chris Blue sang When a Man Loves a Woman by Percy Sledge-- It's a classic song that's been overdone, but that wasn't overdone that was perfect. Alicia said I was blessed to hear your voice, I feel like I watching Marvin Gaye, Sam Cook, Nat King Cole, that was so powerful.

Best of the Night: Brennley, Jesse, Chris, toss up between Lauren and Hunter

Bottom 3 Prediciton: Stephanie, T Soul, Vanessa

No comments: