Monday, May 8, 2017

The Voice Season 12: The Top 10 Are Unforgettable

Team Adam: Jesse Larsen sang Jungle Love by The Tyme-- I loved the way this performance came together. Jesse played the crowd, his voice was great, his guitar skills even better. I loved this. I hope going first doesn't hurt him. Alicia said was it your idea to say my name at the end, and Jesse said that was all me. Adam said that song was jazz, sex appeal, funk, it was nasty.

Team Blake: Aliyah Moulden sang Jealous by Labrinth-- Gwen loved the tone in her voice. Blake said I couldn't be more proud of you. You did what you needed to, and you sang that song about your dad. You got lost in the moment. Acknowledging the fact that Aliyah cried, I hope it didn't hurt her. I thought the vocal was sincere, and I hope this isn't the end for her, because she is a strong artist, never mind her age.

Team Alicia: Vanessa Ferguson sang Doo Wop That Thing by Lauryn Hill-- This has been one of the most genuine performances I have ever watched on the voice. It was real, dirtied up, and I loved how Vanessa just really channeled Lauryn. Adam was jamming. He said no one ever does Lauryn Hill and that album is one of his favorites of all time. He said he loved her rapping, and it's cool that Lauryn is proud of her for doing that. Alicia said you're a poet, mc, lyricist, musician, and an artist.

Team Adam: Mark Isaiah sang Sign of the Times by Harry Styles-- Gwen said it sounded so good, and I am glad you got to do that, because we saw a different side of you. Adam said you get better every week and no one works harder than you. I felt like there were some pitch issues at the top of the performance but I think Mark overcame that, and I hope he stays out of the bottom three this week.

Team Alicia: Chris Blue sang 24k Magic by Bruno Mars-- 3 out of 4 coaches were on their feet. I love the song so much, is it 100% Chris Blue's style? No. But, he pulled it off, and made it his own style. Blake said people must be deaf or blind if they don't get how talented you are. You're definitely going to be in the finale. Alicia said he is out here celebrating life, doing his thing. You just showed me and everyone that you're unstoppable.

Team Adam: Lilli Passero sang Unforgettable by Nat King Cole-- Didn't love the performance as much as I thought I would. I didn't enjoy how she was sliding into some of the notes, and scooping into them. It just sounded a little bit sloppy. I think she was trying to sound classic and it didn't have that effect. Of course, Adam and Alicia both loved the performance.

Team Blake: Lauren Duski sang Tell Me Why by Wynonna-- I thought this was a bit of an odd song choice, but Lauren is such a great singer, she may have pulled it off yet again. I feel like she needs to do a contemporary country song. Gwen said she loved hanging out with Lauren and loved it. Blake said you are the missing piece of country music right now. This momentum that's happening right now is so exciting, I am so happy for you.

Team Gwen: Hunter Plake sang Higher Love by Steve Winwood-- Whoever put together the arrangement did a great job. The song was given a cool contemporary feel, I loved it. Adam said you're very connected to music and that's very obvious. Gwen said she is happy to know and watch Hunter. He is so happy and comfortable on stage.

Team Blake: T Soul sang At This Moment by Billy Vera-- Alicia said you are really genuine, and your voice has its own stamp on it. Blake said I believe you bought yourself a ticket in the top 8, that's the best you've sounded so far. T Soul needed a performance like that and he came up big. That was flawless, the vocal was stunning, and he needs to always do songs that keep with this style.

Team Gwen: Brennley Brown sang Anyway by Martina McBride-- Blake said you will continue to defy the odds, your voice keeps getting better and better. Gwen said you're so gifted, beautiful, and talented. Brennley continues to impress me, she improves every week and doesn't flinch at a challenge.

No comments: