Monday, May 22, 2017

The Voice Season 12: The Finale is Here! I'm Experiencing Deja Vu

Team Blake: Aliyah Moulden singing Never Be Lonely an original song-- For an original, this song sounded like it could be on the radio right now.

Team Adam: Jesse Larsen singing Taking it to the Streets by The Doobie Brothers-- I am unsure if I guy Jesse singing this exact song, but his vocal was strong, and by the end, he made me believe it. Alicia said your voice has never sounded better. I love and respect what you and Adam are doing together. Adam said it was the best he has ever sounded, and that he might be a little biased but he should win this whole thing.

Team Alicia: Chris and Alicia singing Diamonds and Pearls by Prince-- This song felt so perfect for them to sing together. Stylistically it felt so close to who both of them really are. I loved the range in Chris's voice, the low lows and and those BIG notes. He and Alicia never overpowered each other, Chris's voice in particular was tender. Wow on this one.

Team Blake: Lauren Duski singing The Dance by Garth Brooks-- This was a great song for Lauren to do, but I was thinking she could have done something a little more controversial, maybe like Thunder Rolls. Adam said we've all loved your voice from the beginning, you have a familiar comforting voice. Throughout the whole competition, it has been such a pleasure and joy to watch you, and I am still mad you're not on my team. Blake said I can't stop smiling right now. It's one of my favorite songs and you made me feel like I am hearing this for the first time.

Team Blake: Aliyah and Blake singing Dancing in the Street by Martha Reeves and the Vandellas-- I thought this song was really fun for Aliyah to do. It did seem a little redundant to be honest,  I feel like she's done this before, but being that it was a duet, it had a different dimension to it.

Team Alicia: Chris singing Money on You an original song-- I enjoyed the fun and personality Chris brought to this original song. At first I didn't like it but the song had a lot of different twists and turns in it. Alicia said watching you perform, I am already at your show. There's an electricity that happens when you're here.

Team Adam: Jesse and Adam singing Let's Go Crazy by Prince-- This performance was iconic. I loved the vocals, the song choice, the guitar. Everything was amazing, loved this!

Team Blake: Lauren and Blake singing There's a Tear in My Beer by Hank Williams-- I think if I were them I would have done something more serious. I liked the playfulness of the song, but probably not finale material. Lauren is going last so clearly she is the favorite in this.

Team Adam: Jesse Larsen singing Woman an original song-- Chris Stapleton cowrote that song which is so cool. The song sounded so authentically him; he needs to go on tour with Chris Stapleton right now! Adam said I want to give back to that intangible thing called The Voice.

Team Blake: Aliyah Moulden singing Signed Sealed Delivered by Stevie Wonder-- Blake said every time you get on that stage you make people smile and you bring them into this moment.

Team Blake: Lauren Duski singing Deja Vu an original song that she cowrote-- Actually loved this more than any other original song. She needs to actually put this on her first album, it's perfect. The lyrics are amazing. Blake said let me congratulate you for writing your first number one song, that was beautiful and perfect.

Team Alicia: Chris Blue singing Rhythm Nation by Janet Jackson-- Chris brought the house down with that song, it was so relevant, and the performance just bled authenticity. Alicia said you just showed everyone that you are everything and there is nothing you can't do.


No comments: