Tuesday, April 12, 2016

The Voice Season 10: The Lives, Team Adam and Team Pharrell

Comeback Artist Team Pharrell: Daniel Passino sang When I Was Your Man by Bruno Mars-- I am happy Pharrell brought him back because I got to see another side of Daniel. His falsetto was ridiculous. Blake said the talent level is so good and that guy is a comeback artist, you put yourself back in the mix. Christina said that song is so hard to sing and I loved your tenderness. 

Team Pharrell: Emily Keener sang Still Crazy After All These Years by Paul Simon-- Emily for me, is definitely more of an indie artist, and I get what she is trying to do. She comes across as a little old  fashioned for me, but I think it's a matter of style. Adam said that he loved her performance of one of his favorite songs. Pharrell said I am so lucky to have you on my team, and everyone at home vote for this amazing unicorn of a singer. 

Team Adam: Laith Al Saadi sang With a Little Help From My Friends by The Beatles-- Absolutely loved this performance because despite the fact that it is old school or what have you, it relates to today. He brings it to the present, and just the musical quality that this guy has is incredible. Blake said you're always good when you get on stage. Christina said that was exciting, and great to see that from you. I love that raw, gritty, soul that you have. Pharrell said as always that was awesome, and if you love classic rock, you have to vote for this guy. Adam said that you lit up this room in a different way. I'm happy you represent something that sometimes becomes unappreciated. 

Team Pharrell: Moushumi sang Love Yourself by Justin Bieber-- I love this song, but I feel like it deviated too far from the original. It seemed overly dramatic to me. Adam said he finds Moushumi interesting, but I wanted to see the glassy quality of your voice. Christina liked the cool, dark twist to it, I didn't. 

Team Pharrell: Lacy Mandigo sang Love is a Battlefield by Pat Benatar-- I actually liked this performance, I think she was one of the best on Team Pharrell tonight. Blake said you've had a messed up journey to get here, congratulations. There's something special about you. Christina said you rocked it tonight. Pharrell said you were never meant to go home. You are a 90's baby that acts like an 80's baby. 

Team Adam: Owen Danoff sang Hero by Family of the Year-- Blake said you made that seem like your song that you performed. To connect with a cover like that is rare. Pharrell said that was a magical moment, and it was because of your tone. Adam said everyone has a different opinion of what makes a great singer, and I think it's about making a song your own, and you did that. I loved that! I thought that his tone was unreal, and I completely agree with all the coaches, Owen made that song his. I honestly thought that he wrote the song and performed it. 

Team Adam: Shalyah Fearing sang Listen by Beyonce-- Oh my! That was a moving moment, her vocals were not perfect, but they were spectacular and chock full of emotion. I think she took Adam's points so well and was able to produce that. Wow! All the coaches are on their feet. Blake said you just became the front runner. Christina said you have such presence. Pharrell said you're 16, I am honored to be a part of your journey, please vote for this girl. Adam said I am so proud of you, you and Owen have the same thing, we believe you, and we get the message you are trying to convey. Everyone felt like you were telling us the truth, incredible. 

Comeback Artist Team Adam: Nate Butler sang Sara Smile by Hall & Oates-- Nate is someone who I personally thought never should have gone home. I fully expected him to be stolen to another team so to see him come back was great. Blake said I love the runs and the falsetto, the element of surprise is great for you. Adam said Nate should be here for a while. 

Team Pharrell: Caity Peters sang I'll Be Waiting by Adele-- This was not a memorable one for me tonight. I did not like the song choice. It was forgettable and I think the coaches know that as well. Christina liked her energy. 

Team Adam: Caroline Burns sang All I Want by Kodaline-- Touching performance by Caroline. Again, I feel like this is one of those performances where the song isn't well known so it's easy to forget but I feel like Caroline is one of those singers who is so connected to whatever she sings that you cannot help but remember her. Blake said Caroline is one of his favorites this season, your talent just pours out of you. Pharrell said it's amazing to see your journey and just watching you transform. Pharrell said her performance tonight was so different from everything else she has done. Adam said you've been steadily great, I think the next thing you do is going to be explosive. I am happy and proud of you Caroline. 

Team Adam: Brian Nhira sang Alive by Sia-- Christina said Sia is so hard to execute, you have a crazy range. Kudos to Adam to work with you and your range, loved it. Pharrell said congratulations on having fun like that, you stayed on key the whole time and it was so high, keep going. Adam said I always worry about my team, but Brian is game time, you have this confidence and air about you that is very refreshing. Excellent job, you will never have to sing a song that hard again. I was impressed with Brian because he always challenges himself, and I am not even a singer by trade, and I completely understand the difficulty of that song. Any Sia song, in my opinion, is so difficult to sing. Brian made it seem raw and effortless. 

Team Pharrell: Hannah Huston sang Ain't No Way by Aretha Franklin-- You know what, I love Hannah, I didn't love this song for her, but she pulled it off because she is such a great singer and she emotes so well. Pharrell said, your students are right, you are so colorful when you sing. 

My predictions: 
Moving forward on Team Adam: Shalyah, Owen, toss up between Laith and Brian
Moving forward on Team Pharrell: easily..... Daniel, Lacy, and Hannah

No comments: