Monday, November 17, 2014

The Voice Season 7: The Top 12 Live and Impressive

Team Pharrell: Sugar Joans sang Take Me to the River by Al Green-- I didn't love this performance, it just didn't feel authentic to me. Gwen thought she was incredible. Blake liked the edge to her voice and that it kept him on the edge of his seat. Pharrell is proud of how she followed through. This just wasn't memorable for me, and at the end of the night, that's not a good thing when you're up first. 

Team Gwen: Ryan Sill sang Ordinary World by Duran Duran--  Breakout performance for Ryan, loved the song choice, loved the vocal. All the coaches are on their feet. This was a deal breaker. Adam said, cool song choice for you. I said from the beginning that you are such an amazing singer. The big notes were ridiculous, rock and roll is the way to go, you just killed it. Pharrell said, you have it, rock for sure. Gwen said I was so excited to hear you sing that and you have come so far in such a short time. I seriously give him, on a scale of one to ten, an 11. 

Team Blake: Jessie Pitts sang Don't You Worry Child by Swedish House Mafia-- I liked how she made this song her own. The lyrics really took on a different meaning, and you could tell that she was connected to the song. Gwen liked hearing that song broken down like that, and loves her voice. Adam liked it a lot, he said, keep exploring the big part of your voice. Blake said Jessie works harder than anyone else I have ever worked with on my teams. She's an artist and an inventor, she takes stuff and makes it her own, and you can't teach that. 

Team Adam: Damien sang He Ain't Heavy He's My Brother by Donny Hathaway-- Wow, another amazing performance by Damien. I think every single person in the audience was on their feet. Damien just sings with so much emotion and sincerity, it is so easy to love and appreciate an artist and vocalist like him. Blake said congratulations, great performance, great song choice. Pharrell said that performance was Southern church. Adam said, I told you to trust me. You blew the audience away with that song, I could not be any prouder. 

Team Pharrell: DaNica Shirey sang Creep by Radiohead-- I think her voice sounded great, however, I didn't care for the arrangement of the song. It was a little too bouncy for such a depressing song. Gwen said she loves watching her sing. Adam said you're so good that everything you sing is gonna be amazing. Pharrell said it moved me to hear you sing this song.  

Team Gwen: Taylor John Williams sang If by Bread-- As an artist, I love Taylor. I thought I heard his voice crack in one spot, but I do love him, and I think he does his this very original thing about him that's amazing. Adam loved hearing the purity of his voice. Blake thinks that dark thing that he has is to his advantage; you always sound great. Pharrell loved the vocal. Gwen thought it was beautiful, and it was so emotional and so you. 

Team Blake: Reagan James sang It Ain't Over Til It's Over by Lenny Kravitz-- Not loving this song choice for her, the vocal is a little bit lazy. Blake said the way you navigate a melody blows my mind. You showed everyone out there that you don't just copy everything, you put your stamp on everything.

Team Pharrell: Luke Wade sang -- Another amazing Luke performance. I love him, I cannot figure out who he sounds like, but his vibe is awesome. Apparently he came in early when the song started. Adam said he handled it like a professional. Gwen felt that the mistake made him more human. Pharrell thought he rose to the occasion. 

Team Adam: Matt McAndrew sang Take Me to Church by Hosier-- Adam and Pharrell were on their feet. I loved that, another solid performance from a Team Adam peep. This was awesome, I loved the grit in his voice. Blake said he couldn't hear him well, but thought it was awesome. Pharrell said I cannot wait to hear the album you're gonna make after this show. Gwen said this seems like the type of song that you would do.  Adam said the way you finished that song, that's someone who wins this show. 

Team Blake: Craig Wayne Boyd sang You Look So Good in Love by George Strait-- I enjoy watching this Southern gentleman work the crowd every single week, and just impressing people with his gift. Gwen said it was so good, and he's such a professional, really good. Pharrell is glad to have someone like Craig on the show with southern rock roots. Blake is excited, and thinks that this is another break out moment on the show. 

Team Adam: Chris Jamison sang Jealous by Nick Jonas-- Woah! I loved that performance, that was another break out performance tonight. The falsetto was amazing, the crowd was screaming the whole time. He was just really made to sing that song. Pharrell said it was his best performance, and he said the falsetto was effortless. Gwen said it seemed like it was his song, and she is so happy for him. Adam said you're cute, but you're also a talented singer. 

Team Gwen: Anita Antoinette sang Redemption Song by Bob Marley-- Anita's vocal and the feeling behind her performance literally gave me chills. That was ridiculously inspiring. Adam said you have to feel really good tonight Anita, I feel like that is one of the most important songs ever written. Blake said sister, there is something about your voice that is so beautiful, calming, and relaxing. Gwen said I feel blessed to be a part of what you did.

Who is moving on?

Team Pharrell-- Luke Wade and DaNica Shirey
Team Gwen-- Anita Antoinette and Ryan Sill  
Team Blake-- Craig Wayne Boyd and Jessie Pitts
Team Adam-- do you think all of them could go through please? This is unjust. 

No comments: