Monday, April 9, 2012

Reality Show Crazy! The Voice Edition

So excited tonight to hear Team Cee Lo and Team Adam!

Katrina Parker from Team Adam sang Tonight Tonight by The Smashing Pumpkins-- Katrina has that great haunting voice, but this was too sleepy for me.

Cheesa from Team Cee Lo sang Don't Leave Me This Way by Thelma Houston-- I loved and agree with Blake's comment, watching this was like watching "Solid Gold", it was dramatic, and it had that Cee Lo flair, very Cee Lo-icious.

Tony Lucca from Team Adam sang In Your Eyes by Peter Gabriel-- Tony has so much star power and I love this song for his voice. He has so much fire in him that he could light a place up. Christina's comment about him being one dimensional was completely off base.

Kim Yarbrough from Team Adam sang Rolling in the Deep by Adele-- First rule of singing competitions: stay away from Adele songs. Kim is a powerful singer but even she can't come close to Adele.

James Massone from Team Cee Lo sang Don't Know Why by Norah Jones-- James has my vote now and always. Didn't love this song for him, but he still sang it in his style. Girls and women across America will have his back when it comes to voting, I'm certain.

Juliet Simms from Team Cee Lo sang Roxanne by Sting-- Okay, okay, I admit it, Ms. Simms has one of the strongest female voices in the competition and one of the strongest voices overall. Her voice is raw, I love the rasp, she is a flashback to those female voices of the 80s, Pat Benatar, Heart, need I continue? I love her, and I will be shocked if she doesn't make it to the next level.

Mathai from Team Adam sang Ordinary People by John Legend-- What I loved about Mathai in the last round was her oddness, her voice is just so different. However, that being said, there is odd, and there is too odd, was this too over the top?

Tony Vincent from Team Cee Lo sang Everybody Wants to Rule the World by Tears for Fears-- Tony is one of the pros in this competition, he has stage presence and he knows how to work his voice to get the most out of it. I think he held back a little bit, I was waiting for this song to get bigger, I was waiting for him to put a run in there somewhere.

Karla Davis from Team Adam sang Airplanes by B.O.B.-- The idea of Karla doing this song was wonderful, and I think if she were Dia Frampton from last season, she may have pulled it off. The song has a lot of verbage in it, so it's tough to spit out all those words, and I think she ended up tripping over words and her voice was much too soft for the majority of it. I like Karla, and I am keeping my fingers crossed that this didn't end her chances.

Erin Martin from Team Cee Lo sang Walk Like An Egyptian by The Bangles-- Weirdest, most overproduced performance of the night goes to? You guessed it, Erin! I feel like, she's in this competition based on what she looks like rather than her voice. To me, this was just another train wreck.

Pip from Team Adam sang When You Were Young by The Killers-- Without question, Pip has one of the most technically sound voices in this competition, but this song wasn't believable for him. The song needed to be dirtied up a little, more grit in his voice, etc. I wouldn't count him out just yet though cause overall it was better than most.

Jamar Rogers from Team Cee Lo sang Are You Gonna Go My Way by Lenny Kravitz-- Thoughts from Adam Levine: "you embody what this competition is all about". Why did American Idol pass on this kid again? He seriously blew the roof off the place tonight.

My predictions for who is going home: From Team Adam-- Katrina Parker and Kim Yarbrough or Karla Davis and from Team Cee Lo Erin Martin and Cheesa

No comments: