Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Reality Show Crazy! Dancing with the Stars Edition

Last night was Latin night on Dancing with the Stars and the couples were "en fuego"' there were three dances choices last night: Salsa, Samba, and Argentine Tango. After the night was over, I made my list of favorites: Kym and Jaleel's Samba, Cheryl and William's Argentine Tango, Chelsie and Roshon's Salsa, and Peta and Donald's Argentine Tango, and texted them to my friend. She had texted me earlier in the night when she was done watching, telling me to, "vote for Roshon". She brought up the fact that all my favorite contestants were men. I can justify this by saying that the pros are contestants too, they value a win as much as any amateur. To me, my list also speaks to the fact that the women dancers have really stepped up in the past couple of years in terms of choreography. I think of years past and who my favorite was, and it has always been extremely balanced in terms of male and female.

I decided though that I was being unfair and probably doing something that many of the voting public does every week. I was overlooking a contestant because she isn't well know in the American market, Katherine Jenkins. Yes, she is British, she is an opera singer, and before this show, I had no idea who she was. Every week though, Katherine comes out, and she has this hunger inside her which in turn allows her to dance putting forth her best effort week after week. I will even go as far as saying that I believe she could be in the final three, even she doesn't become a Sabrina Bryant like casualty. She's that good that I wouldn't expect less. Katherine's Argentine Tango had as much fire at my favorite guys on the show.

The Leaderboard:

Katherine Jenkins and Mark Ballas-- Argentine Tango 29
William Levy and Cheryl Burke-- Argentine Tango 29
Maria Menounos and Derek Hough-- Salsa 29
Donald Driver and Peta Murgatroyd-- Argentine Tango 27
Roshon Fegan and Chelsie Hightower-- Salsa 26
Jaleel White and Kym Johnson-- Samba 24
Gladys Knight and Tristan McManus-- Samba 22
Melissa Gilbert and Maxsim Chmerkovskiy-- Salsa 21
Gavin DeGraw and Karina Smirnoff-- Samba 19

No comments: