Thursday, March 31, 2011

American Idol Season 10: The Top 11 (Again!) Interpret Elton John

The show opened in true dramatic form as always because now that the "Judge's Save" has been used, there are no more second chances.



01 Scotty McCreery sang Country Comfort-- Steven said you didn't it again for me. Jennifer said you have amazing instincts about performing, you're right on, never doubt yourself. Randy said it's like you are already a seasoned performer, and I am at your show. Scotty is brave because he takes songs that have a really different sound and he makes them his own.
Score: 9

02 Naima Adedapo sang I'm Still Standing-- Jennifer said I don't know if that song should have been flipped, but I love how you performed. Randy said it came off kind of corny and that's not who you are. Steven said good for you for picking a song that actually fits you. I actually think she took a risk and it paid off. I agree with Steven; I liked what she brought to the song.
Score: 9

03 Paul McDonald sang Rocket Man-- Randy said I think you're holding back; I want you to push more. Jennifer echoed the sentiment. Steven said I loved your voice and the day you start hitting every note I am not going to like you anymore. I can name five singers out there right now that don't hit every note, and that's my cup of tea. I like you; I like your character. I don't think this was Paul's best performance by a long shot, but he does deserve to be here.
Score: 7

04 Pia Toscano sang Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me-- Steven said ballads are who you are. Jennifer said I feel you trying to push through that barrier on the performance side of things. Randy made it clear that Pia can sing, he just wants her to show more of what she has to offer by singing different types of songs. To me, Pia is one of the most consistent people in this competition and she definitely makes the right song choices to showcase her vocal skills.
Score: 9

05 Stefano Langone sang Tiny Dancer-- Jennifer said I felt you moved the crowd today; you made a connection. Randy said I liked that you made a connection with the audience, you moved around the stage, and you hit the money notes every time. Steven said, you nailed it, you connected with the audience; it was really good. Stefano has proven that he can take feedback and criticism and turn it around into a positive performance. This is something that real stars do and he doesn't deserve to be in that bottom three this week.
Score: 9.5

06 Lauren Alaina sang Candle in the Wind-- Randy called it one of the best Lauren Alaina performances and said she is a pro who can do anything if she believes in herself. He said it was very hot. Steven said we knew what you were about the first night we met you and that was perfect. Jennifer said that was amazing, you sounded gorgeous, that was "it" baby; best of the night. Lauren's performance was really unforgettable tonight, she proved that she has star quality.
Score: 10

07 James Durbin sang Saturday Night's All Right-- Steven said you brought the heat, you go where other people don't go, you have a great rock voice. Jennifer and Randy both said that it was a great performance. He got everyone involved to the point that they forgot it was a competition.
Score: 10

08 Thia Megia sang Daniel-- Randy said there were some pitch issues here and there and it may have been a little bit too safe. Jennifer and Steven both agreed that she picked the right song for her voice. I think Thia has been spared one too many times, and I don't think any of her performances have been strong enough to warrant her going any further. She is a really sweet girl though.
Score: 7

09 Casey Abrams sang Your Song-- Randy said saving you was one of the greatest saves we've had on this show. Your performance was tender, well done. Steven said, you sing different every time and that's what a great artist does. Jennifer said I didn't lose an ounce of sleep saving you; your performance tonight was sweet. I still don't think this was Casey's best but it is leaps in the right direction. The Casey I loved before is definitely back.
Score: 9.5

10 Jacob Lusk sang Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word-- Steven loved the whole performance. Jennifer loved the arrangement of the song, and the final note; she called it very Jacob. Randy said pick one spot in the song where you go all the way because the first half of the performance was great. I have a lot of friends who think Casey is a lock to win this thing, but I told them to be weary of certain people, and one of them is Jacob and this performance has proven that.
Score: 10

11 Haley Reinhart sang Benny and the Jets-- Jennifer said it all came together for you tonight, amazing. Randy called it the best performance of the night. Steven said, you sing sexy. I agree this was by far Haley's performance but I don't know if it redeems her or saves her from a string of not so good performances.
Score: 10 (for tonight)

I have no clue who should be going home tonight. I just hope the public got it right.

No comments: