Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Top 13 American Idol Season 10: Songs from their Idols

1. Lauren Alaina sang "Any Man of Mine" by Shania Twain-- Lauren Alaina has a wonderful performance quality about her and she can sing just about anything. What is missing right now is the fire and desire within her to win this competition. Steven said I love that song but it should have been a little bit more kick ass. Randy said we want you to sing something that will make you shine beyond belief because we know you have that talent. Jennifer said we love you but we want to see that you want it.
Score: 9.75

2. Casey Abrams sang "With a Little Help from My Friends" by Joe Cocker-- I liked this performance very much, but I did not by any means feel it was one of his best performances. Jennifer felt that Casey blew her away! Randy said I always look forward to seeing you sing. You make it fun and I loved it. Steven said you're a rainbow of talent, and I love what you do, you're a plethora of passion.
Score: 8

3. Ashthon Jones sang "When You Tell Me That You Love Me" by Diana Ross-- Randy said you grew as a singer in that performance. Jennifer felt the song wasn't well known enough but still thinks Ashthon is amazing. Steven has confidence in her. I felt this performance was forgettable at best, it was okay but nothing special.
Score: 7

4. Paul McDonald sang "Come Pick Me Up" by Ryan Adams-- I did not love this song choice but I love Paul. I love his character and I love who he is as a person and what he brings to the Idol stage. I don't think there has ever been anyone like him on the show before. Steven said love the character and rasp in your voice, a lil pitchy, watch out. Jennifer felt he was unique and moved the crowd. Randy said I love the character of you and I love Ryan Adams.
Score: 8.5

5. Pia Toscano sang "All By Myself" by Celine Dion-- I think Pia is a rare find and I have felt that since the beginning. Her voice can tackle all those Mariah, Whitney, and Celine songs without question. Jennifer felt she topped last week, really beautiful. Randy said you hit all the notes dead on and you have such a natural gift. Hot, dope, cool performance; I agree. Happy International Women's Day, you slammed that Pia, it was beautiful, said Steven.
Score: 10

6. James Durbin sang "Maybe I'm Amazed" by Paul McCartney-- This is a guy who I really like because he has no ego and he just goes out there and sings his butt off every week. I admire James and I am inspired by him. Listen man, you are one of my favorites and let me tell you why; you can sing anything. James Durbin is dangerous America, this man can sing! Steven said you did such a good job. Jennifer said you have what the best rock singers have, a melodic quality to your voice.
Score: 10+

7. Haley Reinhart sang "Blue" by Leann Rimes-- In appreciate the raspy quality of Haley's voice and it's something I really like. That being said, I agree with Randy, it was a little bit boring. Haley does not want to become average at this stage of the competition. Steven said Haley that was beautiful and you did such a good job. Jennifer loves that her voice is so special.
Score: 8.75

8. Jacob Lusk sang "I Believe I Can Fly" by R. Kelly-- Again, I am going to have to agree with Randy. Jacob has this signature start to every song where he opens his mouth and you can tell that it's him singing. The middle of the song he lost his way a bit, and it was a little pitchy, but in the end he found his way again. I loved the way this performance ended. Jennifer said, you're amazing Jacob. Steven said, I cannot even judge you cause you're that good.
Score: 8

9. Thia Megia sang "Smile" by Michael Jackson-- Randy loved the beginning and felt Thia had a sound reminscent to Michael Jackson and Adele; he didn't like the jazzy part in the middle and end. Steven echoed Randy. Jennifer said I too didn't get the arrangement but you still sounded like an angel. I agree, the arrangement was a bit of a mess and that could end up hurting Thia. I loved the soft quality in her voice that we heard in the beginning but that middle part, it just wasn't her.
Score: 7.5

10. Stefano Langone sang "Lately" by Stevie Wonder-- Steven said you pulled that off, and it was so well done. Jennifer said she was dancing, and said it was like the dance remix of Lately. She also commented that he sounded great. Randy said, Stevie is one of the greatest male singers even and he felt Stevie would be proud of that performance; by the middle, you were soaring. I didn't love the arrangement of this song, but I think Stefano sounded amazing. He always sings like he is fighting for his life; it's nice to see someone with that much desire.
Score: 9.75

11. Karen Rodriguez sang "I Could Fall in Love" by Selena-- Jennifer hit it dead on and I agree with her; she said I felt you were uncomfortable with a lot of the notes and I have never known you to have trouble with hitting notes. Randy said it felt like you were fighting the song and it felt a little bit sleepy. Steven said I know you can do much better.
Score: 7

12. Scotty McCreery sang "The River" by Garth Brooks-- Randy said if it ain't broke, don't even consider fixing it. This is where you belong, you could put this out as a record right now, I love it, don't change it. Amen Randy! This was one of the best performances of the night and I am convinced that this young man is going to be a star in country music. Steven said, you are ridin high. Jennifer said what I loved is how you really opened up and brought the audience into this with you.
Score: 10

13. Naima Adedapo sang "Umbrella" by Rihanna-- I give this young woman major props for originality and for going out there and doing something that no one else did. All the areas where she was singing, I was very impressed with her voice. I thought her voice was beautiful. Steven said you were a little pitchy but you brought flavor and I adore you for that. Jennifer liked her fire and said you're doing it like a real artist. Work on your control though she said. Randy said I do care about the pitchiness but I loved what you brought to the performance.
Score: 9.25

No comments: