Thursday, March 3, 2011

American Idol Season 10: Top 24 Part 2

The Ladies:

1. TaTynisa Wilson sang Only Girl in the World by Rihanna-- Steven liked it a lot. Jennifer told her that she brought it home. Randy thought it was okay, nothing special or different about it; I agree with Randy.
Score: 5

2. Naima Adedapo sang Summertime by Porgy and Bess-- Randy liked how Naima ended the song. Steven said she sounds like a new Ella Fitzgerald. I like the sound of Naima; I don't know if she is strong enough for this competition.
Score: 8

3. Kendra Chantelle sang Impossible by Christina Aguilera-- Randy said he really liked it and Steven called her the whole package. Jennifer thinks that Kendra can give more than that, and I agree but I think she is stronger than most of the other ladies from this season.
Score: 9

4. Rachel Zevita sang Criminal by Fiona Apple-- Steven found it to be too Broadway. Randy called it not good at all and said Fiona's song was unrecognizable. Jennifer said when you're on stage you have to think about what people are going to think of you.
Score: 4

5. Karen Rodriguez sang Hero by Mariah Carey-- Randy said she found a way to make it her own especially by bringing the Spanish into it. He said it sounded beautiful with the Spanish. Steven said I just loved it and I think you're fantastic.
Score: 9

6. Lauren Turner sang Seven Day Fool by Etta James-- Steven said it was like Lauren Turner meets Lauren Turner. Jennifer said her voice is undeniable. Randy said it was like Amy Winehouse meets Florence and the Machine. I think Lauren has one of the stronger voices in this competition.
Score: 8

7. Ashthon Jones sang Love Over Me by Monica-- Jennifer said you have the makings of a diva. Steven said you go places with your voice that other people don't go. Randy complimented on her confidence and stage presence. Ashthon should have sang something more recognizable so that people would have been able to relate more because I think she is extremely talented.
Score: 9

8. Julie Zorilla sang Breakaway by Kelly Clarkson-- Jennifer liked it but didn't love it. She said you needed to connect with the words more. Randy said it wasn't new, different, or better than Kelly. Steven said it was the wrong song for you.
Score: 7

9. Haley Reinhart sang Fallin' by Alicia Keys-- Randy said the song did nothing for you; it was karaoke. Steven said it was great and Jennifer said we saw a lot of the things that make you who you are. I like Haley but I didn't think the growling was necessary in this song.
Score: 7

10. Thia Megia sang Out Here On My Own by Irene Cara-- Jennifer called it captivating and Randy said her tone is like that of Michael Jackson, and that is what hot singing is all about. I have to say I enjoy Thia's quiet presence.
Score: 9.25

11. Lauren Alaina sang Turn on the Radio by Reba McEntire-- Jennifer said you're so naturally good. Randy said you don't even know how good you are, you're like Kelly meets Carrie. Steven said I love you, you're the best, your voice goes from here to there, and we haven't seen the best of you yet.
Score: 9.5

12. Pia Toscano sang I'll Stand by You by The Pretenders-- Randy said that was unbelievable and all the judges gave her a standing ovation. Steven called it gorgeous. Jennifer said I knew you were a stand out and that was out of this world. I have to say for me, that was one of the strongest performances by a female singer on American Idol ever.
Score: 10

No comments: