Monday, April 8, 2024

The Voice Season 25: Surprisingly Jaded Beginning to the Knockouts

Team Reba: Asher HaVon sang Unbreak My Heart by Toni Braxton versus Tae Lewis sang Nothin' on You by Cody Johnson-- Asher sounded amazing, I love how he sang the song the way a man would sing it. The tone of his voice is incredible, the runs he did at the end, and the way he improvised and made the song his own is proof that he should continue in this competition. Tae's performance was so soulful. I can see him being on the radio and being a country star right now. Chance said it was one of the best performances he has seen on The Voice. Dan and Shay said Asher's runs were intentional, Tae stepped up. John said Asher was regal and his low notes were sang with so much power. He said Tae sang the hell out of that. John promised a spot for whoever did not get chosen. Reba voiced how proud she is of both of them. 
Reba chose Asher and everyone tried to steal Tae!! Tae chose Dan and Shay.


Team Dan and Shay: Olivia Rubini sang Tiny Dancer by Elton John versus Frank Garcia sang El Triste-- I think it's hard to sing in Spanish with a song that is not particularly well known. I think Olivia is the stronger vocalist, but I think this was the wrong song for her. I would have liked to have seen her sing something more contemporary like a Tate McRae or Olivia Rodrigo. John compliments the richness of Frank's voice and the range of Olivia's. Dan and Shay said Frank blew them away and Olivia came such a long way from rehearsals. Dan and Shay chose Olivia. 

Team Legend: Nathan Chester sang Fooled Around and Fell in Love by Elvin Bishop versus Val T. Webb sang Sweet Love by Anita Baker-- Nathan is a throwback to another time. I just love the ease of his voice and the songs he chooses for himself, he knows who he is as an artist. I think Val is great, seasoned pro, and strong voice, but I am leaning more towards Nathan, I am just more excited with his vocal and the total package. Dan and Shay loved the way Nathan got into the performance and there was something that moved them about his performance. John loved the high's of Val's performance. With Nathan, there was something cinematic about his performance, like he was living in another time and bringing that character to life. John chose Nathan. 




Team Chance: Dani Stacy sang Jaded by Miley Cyrus versus Serenity Arce sang Unfaithful by Rihanna-- Loved Dani's performance, song choice was great for her, and she made the song her own. She didn't do it exactly the way Miley does which was great, but she has some of that rasp that Miley does. It seemed that Serenity struggled a little through that. Chance said Dani you are a talented vocalist and I loved your passion on stage. Serenity you took a lot of risks, but compared to other performances, this was not as solid. Chance chose Serenity because she is passionate and was willing to go for it with her performance. 

Team Reba: Ashley Bryant sang Heads Carolina, Tails California by Jo Dee Messina versus Josh Sanders sang Wild as Her by Corey Kent-- Josh gave an awesome performance. I loved it, I feel like he took all the feedback Reba and Keith Urban gave him. I felt that performance. Ashley was great too! I feel like she has grown quite a bit in this competition. Chance said cool performance to Ashley, but I wanted more risks. Josh you took all the risks, he's leaning more toward Josh. Shay said Josh that last note was absolute fire. Dan and Shay would give the edge to Josh. John loved the cry in Ashley's voice; Josh, you stuck the landing with that note at the end. Reba said I love you both, thanks for taking the journey. Reba chose Josh. 




Team Dan and Shay: Anya True sang Runaway by Aurora versus Kyle Schuesler sang Say You Won't Let Go by James Arthur-- I have to be honest, the song Anya chose did not resonate with me at all. I enjoy her as an artist and vocalist but I was not moved by that performance. I dislike the song choice but I think Kyle is a little stronger as a vocalist and understands his identity as an artist a little better than Anya. John liked Anya's tone; Kyle your voice has a magical and powerful quality. He would go with Kyle. Chance said Kyle I get excited to see you perform; Anya I really like your voice, so delicate. He'd lean towards Anya. Dan and Shay said that they needed more time. They chose Anya. Chance stole Kyle. 

Who did I love from tonight? 
Asher, Tae, Nathan, and Kyle. Serenity is talented but fell a little for me tonight. 

 

No comments: