Sunday, April 28, 2024

American Idol Update: Now There Are 10

 Great nights of mentoring with both Gene Simmons from KISS and Meghan Trainor. There were a handful of special performances from the night. I am just going to speak about the highlights. 


Will Moseley sang Starting Over by Chris Stapleton-- Every performance from Will feels like you're at his concert and this was no exception. 



Mia Matthews sang Over You by Miranda Lambert-- This was a perfect song choice from her. She delivered the vocals, the artistry, and the emotion. This was a special moment where she could easily measure up to the other heavy hitter females in this competition-- McKenna, Abi, and Emmy. 



Roman Collins sang Roar by Katy Perry-- This was so good! I am so disappointed that he did not advance in the competition. It's truly special how he is making gospel music so front, center, and contemporary. I hope Katy does do this version next time she goes out on tour. 



Jack Blocker sang Blinding Lights by The Weeknd-- He totally gives me Phillip Phillips vibes. I LOVE his version of this song. I love how Jack stays so true to himself. He is unapologetic and I love that. 




The Top 10

Abi Carter
McKenna Faith Reinholt
Will Moseley
Kayko
Kaibrienne
Mia Matthews
Jack Blocker
Emmy Russell
Triston Harper
Julia Gagnon

Going Home 

Roman Collins
Jayna Elise

No comments: