Monday, April 22, 2024

The Voice Season 25: John and Dan and Shay Pick Their Playoff Teams

Team Legend: Nathan Chester sang Oh Darling! by The Beatles-- Reba says he had her at the beginning. Chance loved his choreography and tone. Dan and Shay said it was his best performance. John agreed and liked his conviction. Wow! Everyone was on their feet, for me, that was a masterclass performance. Nathan is a force to be reckoned with. He has so much passion and you can tell he really wants this. This performance was EVERYTHING!




Team Dan and Shay: Karen Waldrup sang Heart Like a Truck by Lainey Wilson-- Reba said she wanted Karen on her team. Chance loves how she interacts with the crowd and her confidence. Dan and Shay are proud of how she has progressed. There is no denying Karen's voice. I think she has experienced more growth than the majority of the contestants on the show this season. 



Team Legend: Kamalei Kawa'a sang No Woman No Cry by Bob Marley-- Reba loves how he conveys strength in his singing. John likes how he is honoring Bob Marley's legacy. I wish John had pushed Kamalei to diversify his song selection more. I think he has a good voice but I feel like I have heard him sing all the same type of song. 

Team Dan and Shay: Anya True sang All Too Well by Taylor Swift-- John says it felt like the right song for her and he found her performance compelling. Dan and Shay said it was their fave Anya performance. 

Team Legend: Bryan Olesen sang Africa by Toto-- John said he was glad that he used his playoff pass on Bryan cause he deserved it. He said he felt like he was at Bryan's concert. Reba called him the perfect package. Chance said he is 100% a rockstar. 

Team Dan and Shay: Olivia Rubini sang I'll Stand by You by The Pretenders-- John said Olivia you are always such a wonderful singer. You were trying to find some rock and roll in your voice but it wasn't the right place for this song. I agree with John, I didn't like how she put those random high parts in there. 

Team Legend: Mafe sang Someone Like You by Adele-- Chance said I think she should go to the lives. Shay said you're an amazing singer and should definitely go to the lives. Shay didn't like the melodic changes she made; John disagreed. Great song choice for Mafe! I loved this, she also gets into a place where she does similar song but she is special enough. 

Team Day and Shay: Tae Lewis sang Runnin' Outta Moonlight by Randy Hauser-- I thought this performance was good. I think Tae is someone you can count on to always deliver a consistent performance. Chance said he would put Tae on his playoff team. Reba said that everyone wants to hear what Tae is going to do next. Dan and Shay felt he delivered. 



Team Legend: Zoe Levert sang Iris by The Goo Goo Dolls-- Chance said it was his favorite performance. Chance said she is so captivating. Dan has loved every performance she has done. Reba said girl toy brought, your voice, your stage presence, your look, absolutely beautiful. John you gotta take her to the lives. John said Zoe is becoming a star before our eyes. She's contender for me, she's unique, she's true to herself. I love Zoe. 



Team Dan and Shay: Madison Curbelo sang Landslide by Fleetwood Mac-- Reba said I love your voice, you gave me chills. Chance said I want a copy of that performance, I want to listen to it again. John said what you did up there felt so easy. Shay said I could talk about you all night. I loved that! I was definitely getting Selena vibes but she is also all her own. That was so touching and heartfelt. 



My picks for John: Nathan, Mafe, and Zoe 

My picks for Dan and Shay: Karen, Tae, and Madison

UPDATE: 

The only one I got wrong.... I picked Mafe, John picked Bryan who I do think it actually talented. The rest I got totally right, 5/6! 



No comments: