Tuesday, October 31, 2023

The Voice Season 24: These Battles Were Everything I Wanted

 Team Reba brought us Al Boogie and Ruby Leigh singing Jolene by Dolly Parton-- I really wish both could move forward, but I have a feeling it's just going to be Ruby. Al was so good though and should be so proud of who he is as an artist which is authentically country. Niall said Al your tone is infectious, Ruby your tone is so beautiful. Gwen said your presence is not that of a teenager Ruby, Al your stage presence is really strong. John said you both were compelling, Al you killed it man. Ruby I love that cry in your voice, you feel so in possession of your identity as an artist. Reba thought the performance showed their personality as artists. Reba chose Ruby. 


Team Gwen brought us Joslynn Rose and Rudi singing My Immortal by Evanescence-- Amy Lee is one of my faves so hearing this was amazing. Joslynn was a little pitchy. I appreciated Rudi's soulful understated power. John liked how Josslyn started, and he liked how Rudi came into her own. He chose Rudi. Reba said she loved when Josslyn opened her eyes, she loved Rudi's stage presence and voice. Niall said Rudi's performance was flawless, such an impressive sing. Josslyn the way you started out was brilliant, you're just poised. Gwen said this is a tough song to sing. She appreciated both ladies and said there isn't really a winner. However she picked Rudi. 


Team Niall brought us Reid Zingale and Noah Spencer singing Lego House by Ed Sheeran-- Oh my goodness, another song I'm obsessed with. Reid you can tell is a seasoned performer, but for me my pick would be Noah. I am obsessed with his voice, his tone is just so cool. John said he would lean towards Noah. Niall said Reid your tone made me turn. Noah you're a touch closed off but there's something so intriguing, it's like I want to hear more. Niall picked Noah. 


Team Legend brought us Azan and Taylor Deneen singing Do It by Chloe x Halle-- Wow!!! For me, Azan won that. She sold the song, I loved her soulfulness. To me, her voice was Beyonce before Beyonce became too big. Reba said their talent is off the charts. Niall said, Taylor you were brilliant, Azan your stage presence was spectacular; I'd lean to Azan. Gwen said Azan you command more attention. I enjoyed every minute, thank you. John said Azan you're so magnetic, and Taylor you came through and were really confident. John chose Taylor. Niall and Reba are trying to steal Azan. Azan chose Niall. 


Team Niall brought us Alexa Wildish and LVNDR singing Everything I Wanted by Billie Eilish-- Both ladies were so good, but for me there was something magical about Alexa. Gwen said LVNDR you're so stylized you stand out. Alexa you are so classic and so powerful. John said that was so beautiful, LVNDR you were influenced by Billie, Alexa there was something arresting about your voice. I'd pick Alexa. Reba said LVNDR you have that airy, soft, and tender voice. Alexa I love how you looked at the audience and conveyed how you're feeling. I'd pick Alexa. Niall said neither of you deserve to go home. I'm going with my gut feeling. Niall chose Alexa. 



Montaged performance: Team Gwen: Jenna Marquis vs. Claire Heilig sang Flowers by Miley Cyrus. Gwen chose Jenna. 

Team Legend brought us Elizabeth Evans and Kaylee Shimizu singing Traitor by Olivia Rodrigo-- Woah, that ending was stellar. I mean the whole thing was though. Can I pick both of them? Reba said that was fantastic, Elizabeth when you hit that big note I was in awe, Kaylee your range. Niall said that was the best version of that song I have ever heard. Kaylee your runs are phenomenal. Elizabeth you're just a different beast. Gwen called both of them gifted. John said that was stunning, both of you are interesting and cool. Elizabeth you're quirky but you can also flat out sing. Kaylee you're so polished at such a young age, it's stunning to watch. John picked Kaylee. Reba stole Elizabeth right as she was about the leave the stage. 



No comments: