Tuesday, October 24, 2023

The Voice Season 24: I Need a Favor-- Check out these battles.....

Team Gwen brought us BIAS and Jacquie Roar singing Need a Favor by Jelly Roll-- L O V E the song choice. They both brought it. BIAS stepped up big time, I had counted him out after his blind. Jacquie I expected it from. John said you both were singing; BIAS I couldn't take my eyes off you, I felt the star power, I'd choose you. Reba said Jacquie, your vocal is up there, BIAS you were bouncing around. Reba would go with Jacquie. Niall said Jacquie your voice was crazy and BIAS you were so fun to watch. Niall would go with BIAS. Gwen said BIAS I did not expect all that based on your blind audition, Jacquie your voice is incredible. Gwen chose BIAS. Reba stole Jacquie. 



Team Reba brought us Alison Albrecht and Angelina Nazarian singing You Say by Lauren Daigle-- Didn't love this; there were some awkward parts. Niall and Gwen were leaning towards Alison. John said he loved the song choice. Reba said she found the practice performance meaningful and said they reverted here somewhat. Reba chose Alison as the winner of the battle. 

Team Niall brought us Julia Roome and Olivia Eden singing Kiss Me by Sixpence None the Richer-- I did not love this performance, thus far I have not been impressed with Team Niall. Reba was inspired by their confidence. Gwen loved Julia's lower tone; Olivia your tone is rare and sounds so original. Niall said there is so many years ahead for both of you. He chose Julia. 

Team Legend brought us Stee and Willie Gomez singing Tacones Rojas by John Legend and Sebastian Yatra-- Loved the vibe of this performance. I am not a John Legend fan but this was tight, well executed, and strong vocals. I loved them both and they're multitalented. Reba loved it, she loved Stee's stage presence, and she said Willie can sing in two languages. Reba picked Willie. Niall said that's what it looks like when two four chair turns go head to head. Niall loved Stee's unique tone, and sees Willie as the whole package. Gwen said Stee, your voice is perfect, and Willie your voice and the dancing all at the same time. John said it's rare that I am so stumped, I'm still undecided. Stee your vocal was perfect, and Willie you executed the performance perfectly, it was airy and powerful at the same time like Gwen said. John picked Stee. I thought someone would pick Willie. 



Team Gwen brought Kristen Brown and Juliette Ojeda us singing That's the Way It Is by Celine Dion-- I would lean towards Juliette but I loved this performance in general. Niall said Juliette your tone is so pure; Kristen you have so many sides to your voice, dynamics. Reba said your voices blended so well, great harmonies. She couldn't pick one. Gwen said you both have a future in music. John leaned towards Kristen and Gwen chose Kristen. 

Team Reba brought us CORii and Ms Monet sang New Attitude by Anita Baker-- They kept raising the bar. That was so awesome. Niall said CORii, why did I not turn? This was different level; Ms Monet, wow! John said that was so great. CORii you were finding your footing at the beginning, once you found your way, your voice was magnificent. Ms Monet, you were consistently amazing. Reba said you could go on tour as a duet right now. CORii you really stepped up and Ms Monet, the way you conduct yourself, you're so professional. Niall and Gwen are going to steal CORii! CORii picked Gwen! 




No comments: