Monday, October 23, 2023

The Voice Season 24: The Battles Begin

The kick off of battles for season 24 was fairly uneventful. 

Team Legend (John) started with DeeJay Young and Ephraim Owens singing Cry Me a River by Justin Timberlake-- I was taken aback that John ended up choosing DeeJay. I felt like DeeJay's performance was more theatrical whereas Ephraim was more soulful. Reba would pick Ephraim. Niall would lean to DeeJay, and Gwen said she couldn't choose. John chose DeeJay. 



Team Reba brought us Jordan Rainer and Jackson Snelling singing The Heart Don't Lie by Reba McEntire and Vince Gill-- This was my fave battle of the night. I thought both of them brought so much to it. My preference here was Jackson but Reba picked Jordan. She was the predictable choice. 



Last battle of the night was Team Niall and it was Lennon Vanderdoes and Tanner Massey singing She's Always a Woman to Me by Billy Joel. These two guys are both so talented and they managed to pull this off however, the song was way too old fashioned for them and could have come off as a karaoke. They should have been singing something like There's Nothing Holding Me Back by Shawn Mendes. I think both Lennon and Tanner are so good. Lennon has such a unique sound, I honestly don't think I have ever heard someone like him. Tanner has the look and is someone who is ready right now. Niall goes with Lennon. John and Gwen go in for the steal on Tanner. Tanner chooses Gwen. 



No comments: