Tuesday, May 19, 2020

The Voice Season 18: The Finale is Here!

Team Legend: CammWess sang Purple Rain by Prince-- Tough song choice, I loved this for him though. It was certainly ambitious and he's been so talented throughout the entire competition. The only thing I did not love is when he reached for the high note. It seemed a little off key. Kelly talked about him continuing to be confident in himself and how gifted he is. I completely agree. Nick said I am a huge Prince fan and I think you did that song justice.



Team Blake: Todd Tilghman sang I Can Only Imagine by Mercy Me-- This was probably the single most inspiring performance of the entire season. I felt how committed Todd was to the song and how much he believed the lyrics. Wow, that was a tears coming down my face performance. Kelly said I was crying, you are so moving, you have a bigger belief inside of you. She is still crying, and she says I want to come to your church, you're special. Blake said you have a connection with people, and you sing with so much passion and precision. People believe you.



Team Kelly: Micah Iverson sang Butterflies by Micah Iverson-- I thought that this was better than I thought it would be; however, I didn't like the ending. It seemed abrupt. Micah is a little bit of a dark horse in this so it will be interesting to see how this turns out. Micah and Kelly agreed that this song describes who he wants to be as an artist.



Team Nick: Thunderstorm Artis sang Sedona by Thunderstorm Artis-- His voice still sounded great but the song was just good. John commented on his tone, and Nick said he is a true artist.



Team Blake: Toneisha Harris sang Faithfully by Journey-- I am surprised that Toneisha is the only lady left in this! She is remarkable. Her tone is always rich and full. Kelly said you have tones in you like Chaka Khan. You intrigue me. Blake said you have turned the entire finale upside down and this was your best performance of the season.



Round Two

Todd Tilghman sang Long Way Home by Todd Tilghman-- The sound and the vibe of this song was so him. I loved the positive message and it sounded like something he would sing if recording his own album. Blake said you are such an incredible talent, I have been torn about original songs on the Voice, but you took this and breathed life into it.



CammWess sang Save it for Tomorrow by CammWess-- This song sounds a lot like John, and that makes sense as John has a writing credit on it. I think the song really showcased Camm's vocal strengths and abilities. John called the song instantly catchy.



Micah Iverson sang Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol-- Micah sounded good in this, one of his best performances in a while. He does have amazing range, almost like an Adam Levine in certain spaces of his voice. Kelly said she looks forward to working with him when this is over.



Toneisha Harris sang Superhero by Toneisha Harris-- Again, the song was okay, not great. Obviously Toneisha had a connection with the song as it was inspired by her son who was sick. Blake said we're supposed to be social distancing but she just touched millions of people with that performance.



Thunderstorm Artis sang What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong-- This song does get performed a lot, but I loved how Thunderstorm was still able to change it up and make it his own. Each note was so deliberate, and it just ended so beautifully. Nick said I am so grateful that you sang that song. I try to find ways to stay encouraged. Thank for bring that message with pure and emotional artistry.



Well friends, we made it to the end of the season. Who is going to win? Your guess is as good as mine. Thunderstorm has been a favorite since day one with a magical tone. Micah is a dark horse of sorts that has continued to come up big. Todd is insanely unique; there's something super authentic about him. Toneisha is a rock star, her voice is the biggest and most consistent. CammWess has this incredible range; he reminds me of so many other singers yet sounds like no one.

Who is your pick? I think I am going with Team Blake and saying Todd or Toneisha is going to win this.


No comments: