Monday, September 21, 2020

Dancing with the Stars Season 29-- Everything is New Again

 I did not have any types of expectations for checking out this season of Dancing with the Stars. Tom and Erin are gone. Tyra Banks is hosting.  I loved her hosting America's Next Top Model, but to be honest, she seemed somewhat out of place on DWTS. I miss Len being there as a judge. I believe, due to COVID, he is staying in England. Derek Hough is a welcome addition as a judge. I love his feedback and trust his expertise as a dancer. 

The professional dancers and their partners this year however are collectively one of the best casts that DWTS has ever had-- minus Carole Baskin of course. She is simply ridiculous and I have no idea how/ why she is there. It should be short lived unless America has completely gone crazy. I expect her to go home first. 

AJ McLean from The Backstreet Boys is partnered with Cheryl Burke-- I think that is such a great partnership. Yes he slipped at the beginning of the jive but I think he is someone who will improve. Score: 18/30

Chrishell Strause from Selling Sunset, I knew her first from Days of Our Lives is partnered with Gleb-- This is so perfect for her, Gleb is awesome. I actually think that the judges were too hard on her considering she did a tango. Score: 13/30

Vernon Davis is an NFL Football Player and Super Bowl winner and is partnered with Peta-- Athletes always do well on this show, and I am willing to bet Vernon will be no exception. He does have great stage presence. Score: 17/30

Anne Heche is a TV and movie actress and is partnered with Keo-- This is actually one of my favorite pairings this season. Anne is a pleasant surprise to me and a breath of fresh air. I love how different she and Keo are but how well they mesh together. Their cha cha cha was fabulous. Score: 18/30

Jeannie Mai is a co-host on the Real Reel and is partnered with Brandon-- This salsa had a lot packed into it. She handled it well. I can see these two remaining friends when this is all over. I think she will grow in this competition. Score: 18/30

Jesse Metcalfe is an actor, most well known for Desperate Housewives and the soap Passion is partnered with Sharna-- I am obsessed with this spicy partnership. I definitely think Jesse has a lot of work to do but if he listens to Sharna and works hard-- he is going to have all the ladies out there voting for him. Score: 18/30

Skai Jackson is an actress and YouTuber and is partnered with current winner Alan-- I don't know much about Skai, I will be honest, but I think she is absolutely lovely and was definitely the best dancer of the night. Score: 21/30

Kaitlyn Bristowe is a former bachelorette and is partnered with Artem-- Another great pairing. I really enjoy watching these two and you can tell that Kaitlyn is really giving it her all and taking it seriously. I think she is one to watch. Score: 20/30

Nev Schulman is the host of Catfish and is partnered with Jenna-- This was probably the biggest surprise of the night. Nev was polished and came off like a total gentleman. I am so looking forward to seeing him dance again. Kudos to Jenna for this memorable foxtrot. Score: 20/30

Johnny Weir is an Olympic Figure Skater, US Champion, and Commentator and is partnered with newcomer Britt-- I love the dynamic between these two. This is going to be one of the fun pairings to watch this year. Both of them have great personalities and athletic ability. Score: 18/30

Justina Machado is an actress and is partnered with Sasha-- Justina moves so much better than I thought she would. She is really great, and I think Sasha is the perfect partner for her. She is someone else I am going to enjoy watching throughout the season. Her confidence is just so big. Score: 21/30

Charles Oakley is a retired NBA star and is partnered with Emma-- What Charles has going for him is his sheer competitiveness and athletic ability. Emma has her work cut out for her though-- this will not be easy because Charles isn't a natural dancer. Score: 12/30

Monica Aldama is a cheer coach and is partnered with Val. Monica was one of the surprises of the night. I suppose she is one of those competitive people-- so similar mindset to an athlete. Score:  19/30

Nelly is an award winning rapper and is partnered with Daniella-- Nelly is entertaining to watch, I will definitely give him that. What he will require throughout the competition is the fine tuning. he needs to work on being sharper, all his moves, and how he finishes each move. Score:16/30

Carole Baskin is _______, I won't say it, draw your own conclusions and fill in the blanks is partnered with Pasha-- This dance was absolutely horrible and she has got to be the one going home. Score: 11/30

  



No comments: