Monday, May 11, 2020

The Voice Season 18: The Top 9 Sing From Home

Team Blake: Joanna Serenko sang Lean on Me-- I feel like this song is a little overdone, especially in times like these. I do continue to be a fan of Joanna though. Nick said in many ways losing Joanna is his biggest regret. Blake says her voice floats like a butterfly. 



Team Kelly: Micah Iverson sang I'll Follow You Into the Dark by Death Cab for Cutie-- I have to say I was not crazy about this performance at all. It was too dark for this time in the competition. Kelly calls him a great artist. 


Team Blake: Todd Tilghman sang Love Me by Collin Raye-- Todd is a dark horse in this competition that is not such a dark horse anymore. There is something about him that's really appealing. I find myself wanting to route for him. Kelly said if I could sound like a man when I am singing, I would want your voice. Todd is emotional and Blake appreciates his emotion. 


Team Legend: Zan Fiskum sang Never Be the Same by Camilla Cabello-- I loved her interpretation of that. I did find it a little high. Nick praised her arrangement and how she made it her own. John said she really puts the arrangements together herself. 


Team Nick: Thunderstorm Artis sang Home By Michael Buble-- I think this was his most humble performance to date. I genuinely liked this, and his vocals were spot on. Blake said I was zoned in, you took the melody and song and made it your own. I liked what you were doing on the guitar. Nick said you have made everything your own from day one and you have a clear path to the finale. 


Team Kelly: Megan Danielle sang What Hurts the Most by Rascal Flatts--One of my all time favorite songs. She did a beautiful job with it. I think I would have liked to see a little more dynamics, but she has such a unique tone. Kelly said thank you reminding me of how much I love to sing. Your voice is beautifully broken. 


Team Nick: Allegra Miles sang Overjoyed by Stevie Wonder-- Oh my, she was so good tonight. This is a difficult song, and as John mentioned, she navigated through all the key changes so well. John said it's not an easy song, but you gave an all star performance. Nick said you came out swinging. 
This was one of your best performances yet. 


Team Blake: Toneisha Harris sang Because You Love Me by Celine Dion-- Wow, her voice was just amazing tonight. This is someone who has deserved a spot in the finals since day one. Her talent is unreal. Kelly said come to my Vegas show and sing that song live on my stage. Blake said if I ever get to play again, you are welcome to come sing with me. You are special to me, you bring so much joy and credibility with your talent. 


Team Legend: CammWess sang Rainbow by Kacey Musgraves-- Another strong performance from Camm. He is someone who like Toneisha has never missed once this season. He seemed genuinely connected to that song. John said you took us on a journey, your voice was honey butter. 


My picks for the finale in no order-- 

Todd
Allegra
Toneisha 
Tunderstorm
CammWess is going to edge out Joanna Serenko for the last spot

 


No comments: