Tuesday, October 2, 2018

The Voice Season 15: Nights 3 and 4 of the Blinds Got Me Feelin' It Still

Night 3

Dave Finley sang Help Me Hold On by Travis Tritt-- Dave is a seasoned voice and he's a performer. The song choice was perfect for him. Blake and Kelly are fighting it out-- Kelly said you're from Texas, so am I. Blake said he should choose what he is comfortable with, and Kelly said, what's wrong with pop. I love how Dave broke out some beat boxing, he really showed his versatility. Kelly almost got him but in the end....
Dave chose Blake

Steve Memmolo sang Spooky-- I wasn't totally sold with Steve but I feel like he has strong technical skills with his voice that will pay off in the long run. Like Adam said, there is a lot of skills he has that can't be taught. Adam and Jennifer turned. Adam thinks he looks like Ben Affleck. Kelly said I get J. Lo all the time, no worries. Adam said I feel it in my spirit. Jennifer said your vocal approach and maturity was amazing. I want him on my team. Kelly said I think Adam is hitting on you.
Steve chose Adam

Audri Bartholomew sang Never Enough from The Greatest Showman-- Audri reminds me in some ways of Jordin Sparks. J Hud clearly heard that and was the only coach to turn. She had some shaky points, but there's potential there.
Jennifer chose Audri

Rachel Messer sang I Want to be a Cowboy's Sweetheart-- Kelly and Blake again! She was phenomenal, reminded me a lot of LeAnn Rimes. I loved how authentically country she was. Kelly said there is life beyond Blake when it comes to country music. Kelly really wanted Rachel, but her plan all along seemed to go with.....
Rachel chose Blake

Brent Morgan sang Feel it Still by Portugal and the Man-- Cool how he flipped the song. I felt like the performance wasn't that strong but his voice was cool. No one turned.

Chevel Shepherd sang If I Die Young by The Band Perry-- Interesting that she got those turns because she seemed timid but I suppose they saw that potential. Adam said I loved you, and she said, I love you too. He said he should have turned but by the time he did, it was too late. Kelly said she wants a female country artist.  Jennifer said her voice is so pure and she is so sane. Kelly said, Blake I hate you. Adam asked Kelly where her moxie was.
Chevel chose Kelly

Bryan Cherry sang Nothing Can Change This Love by Sam Cooke-- For some reason, the performance wasn't quite right. No one turned.

Delaney Silvernell sang In My Blood by Shawn Mendes-- Kelly felt this performance as she is the only one who turned. There was nice tones in Delaney's voice but I didn't think that the vocal was strong enough for her to advance. Hopefully this will be a case of someone proving me wrong.
Kelly chose Delaney

Anthony Arya sang Danny's Song by Loggins and Messina-- This didn't have the dynamics it needed to. He's so young, so he will definitely have the quality of being able to mold and adapt him to what you want him to be. Adam was the only one to turn and he turned right away.
Adam chose Anthony

Natasia Greycloud sang I'm Not the Only One by Sam Smith-- I was not feeling this performance. There were a lot of pitch issues for me. There was a disconnect, she didn't seem connected to the song. Jennifer and Kelly were fighting over her. Kelly said she heard old school Mariah, totally unsure where she heard that.
Natasia chose Jennifer

Lynnea Moorer sang Location by Khalid-- No one turned but I am so excited she got chosen for the comeback stage.

Kymberli Joye sang Run to You by Whitney Houston-- I don't know if such thing exists, but I felt like this performance was too perfect--- rehearsed, robotic, it did not seem real to me. I will need to see her performances going forward to figure out if this is really good karaoke or if she is the real deal.
Kelly and Jennifer turned and Blake turned at the last minute. Kelly blocked Jennifer. Kymberli wanted Kelly all along, so she probably did not even need to use a block.
Kymberli chose Kelly

Night 4

Reagan Strange said Meant to Be by Bebe Rexa-- Reagan  has a very mature voice and she carries herself like she is older than 13. I think it is amazing that she possesses the poise she does at her age. Adam turned first and Blake turned at the end. Adam said I am going to have tears if you pick him. Adam told her that there was an effortlessness to the power in her voice, and it was very Danielle Bradberry-esque. Blake tells her he has won with people from all genres of music, and he starts doing the pointy thing that Reagan likes. Adam starts begging.
Reagan chose Adam

Foushee sang Redbone by Childish Gambino-- Adam and Jennifer turned. Adam said what I loved most about you is that I couldn't figure you out. I loved your vibe and style. Jennifer said your voice was off the piano. Blake said it is so cool that she's on the show. I love how Adam already referred to himself as her coach.  Adam said she didn't sound like she was imitating any other singer which is tough to do. I agree I found her to be so different.
Foushee chose Adam

Wyatt Rivers sang Take Me to Your River by Leon Bridges-- I actually really liked him. Kelly said you have beautiful low tones. You have the sexiest name ever. Yay! He is getting a chance on the comeback stage.

Chris Kroeze sang Pride & Joy by Stevie Ray Vaughan --I loved the grit and the blues in his voice! That was so old school. He does trips to the Middle East to play for our troops! I love that. Jennifer said you almost caught one of my shoes while you were singing up there like that. I don't care what genre you sing, I want you on my team.  Blake said your singing is electrifying, you could make it to the finals.
Chris chose Blake

MaKenzie Thomas sang Big White Room by Jessie J-- Her voice is beautiful! She definitely did a lot of work on her voice. Jennifer said your voice is beautiful and effortless. I felt so emotional listening to her sing. As Adam said, I love when contestants come back and get through and it is so well deserved.
Jennifer chose MaKenzie

SandyRedd sang River by Bishop Briggs-- There is literally no way to describe what Sandy did because it was in another class. Her performance, her vocal, her whole vibe was fire. Blake said he hit his button, it's a long shot, but she deserved that. Jennifer said I gave you both my shoes. She called her two sons and two brothers up on the stage. Kelly is rendered speechless. She said you are like fire. She said I don't know who you are going to pick but I cannot wait to watch you. Adam said I do care who you pick, I did turn first, you can win this, and you should do it on my team. Kelly said you had rock and roll, soul, and country. Jennifer said if I did it, you can do it too.
Sandy chose Kelly.... I am SHOCKED!

The Real Deals from these 2 Nights-- Dave Finley, MaKenzie Thomas, SandyRedd, and the dark horse here is Foushee

No comments: