Monday, October 15, 2018

The Voice Season 15: The Blinds End and The Battles Begin

Emily Hough sang Big Yellow Taxi by Joni Mitchell-- I was not blown away. I actually thought she was out of tune several times. The coaches liked her though. Adam turned, then Blake, and Jennifer.
It just seemed like despite the coaches thinking that her voice was angelic she probably needs a few more years. That being said, here we are.
Emily chose Adam

Josh Davis sang Too Good at Goodbye by Sam Smith-- Another boring performance for me! I thought the song was wrong for him. Kelly and Jennifer turned. Kelly said she wants a male power voice on her team to hang with the females.
Josh chose Kelly

Lisa Ramey sang Beautiful Trauma by Pink-- Was not good, didn't connect with the song. No one turned. Kelly and Adam didn't think she chose the right song. Blake felt there were pitch issues.

Katrina Cain sang Rhiannon by Fleetwood Mac-- I loved how she didn't change the feeling of the song too much. She was definitely the strongest of the night so far. Her voice is pretty. Jennifer and Blake both hit their buttons. Blake liked the mysterious of the version of the song that she did. Jennifer liked her versatility. I was honestly thinking she was going to go with Jennifer.
Katrina chose Blake

Matt Johnson sang Never Too Much by Luther Vandross-- I liked it but I was waiting for him to go to that falsetto note that Luther does and it never happened. I wanted to see more range from him. Matt said he has been auditioning his season one. Jennifer was the only one to turn so she scored Matt. 
Jennifer chose Matt

OMG! The Battles are starting tonight?!

Team Kelly: Sandyredd vs. Cody Ray Raymond sang Cry to Me by Solomon Burke-- Thomas Rhett is the advisor, I love him! Oh WOW! I love this performance, the song was perfect for them; they're a good match and compliment each other so well. Cody is much improved from the Blinds and he is better than I thought he would be. Sandy is so strong, she is a force of nature. Without question, both of them are moving on, and someone is getting saved. Adam says he will save whoever doesn't move on cause he's no dummy. Blake said you guys are superheroes individually and avengers together. He called Cody vintage and Sandy like no one in this world. Kelly said Cody is like Chris Stapleton and she said Sandy is one of the best singers she has ever heard in her life.
Kelly chose Cody and Sandy was saved by all three coaches and she chose Jennifer

Team Blake: Michael Lee vs. Joey Green sang A Thing Called Love by Bonnie Raitt-- Keith Urban is Blake's advisor. Michael to me is the more seasoned vocalist, he's stronger, and more skilled. Jennifer thought Michael had more presence and would go with him.
Blake chose Michael

Team Jennifer: Patrique Fortson vs. Colton Smith sang God Gave Me You by Blake Shelton-- I forgot this was a Blake Shelton song. I love how they turned it into a gospel song in a way. Patrique's range is incredible, and Colton has a gorgeous tone to his voice.
Jennifer chose Patrique and Blake saved Colton!

Katrina out of the blinds is going to be good in this competition.

With the battles, Cody impressed me and SandyRedd is continuing to be amazing.

I also cannot deny Michael, there's something special about him.




No comments: