Monday, October 8, 2018

The Voice Season 15: God Bless the Blinds!

One Up sang Could It Be I'm Falling In Love The Spinners-- Adam and Jerome are good together. Adam is definitely the better singer, he's more consistent. Jerome does the highs and lows but he has some pitch issues. Kelly, Jenn, and Blake turn--- all last minute. Kelly is emotional and says love is limitless. Jenn joins them on stage to hug. Blake talks about coaching the Swan Brothers, and Adam endorses Blake.
One Up chose Kelly

Natalie Brady sang Barracuda by Heart--Her voice is killer, she has a genuine rock voice. Adam turned immediately and J. Hud turned towards the end. Adam said you are a phenomenal rock and roll singer, shame on you two for not turning, she is a 4 chair performance. If the Wilson sisters didn't like each other anymore and they needed a singer for Heart they'd call you.  J. Hud said your voice is like an oncoming train. Natalie said she has sung on Broadway and she's from Nashville, and has two kids. Blake said shame on Kelly for not turning.
Natalie chose Adam

Hannah Blaylock sang Baby Now That I've Found You by The Foundations -- Wow, she must be nervous because she is super pitchy. No one turned! She was good and she does have tons of potential. Hopefully she will get chosen for the comeback stage.

Mike Parker sang So Sick by Neyo-- I love how Mike persevered, he did not give up in his performance and as a result Jennifer turned at the last minute. She was the only one to turn. Kelly said you have a really great solid voice. Adam said that was one of my favorite moments of today. I have never seen anyone get so excited.
Jennifer chose Mike

Joey Green sang Baba O'Reily by The Who-- Loved his voice and loved his performance. He reminded me of a Billy Joe Armstrong from Green Day. Adam said there was a fearlessness in your voice. Joey said he is a country Americana artist. Blake and Jennifer turned. Blake said I would be honored to be your coach. Jenn said as long as you're passionate about what you're doing that's what matters. I would love to be your coach honey.
Joey chose Blake

Zaxai sang Come and Get Your Love by Redbone-- He has a clear voice, you can hear every word. The other thing I enjoyed about him is that his style is so throwback, he sounds like an old school R&B singer. So good! Kelly said your voice and your runs were so clear and beautiful. Jennifer said you seem like such a performer. He said you guys are my idols and my inspirations. Jennifer and Kelly turned and Jennifer blocked Kelly.
Jennifer chose Zakai

Erika Zade sang New Rules by Dua Lipa-- Not crazy about that performance at all, but I guess Kelly liked it. I just didn't like her rendition of the song, I felt like it was kind of all over the place. Jennifer said she appreciated her attitude but she was waiting for something else.
Kelly chose Erika

Jarred Matthew sang Tired of Being Alone by Al Green-- Jarred works for NASA and he enjoys singing because it makes him happy. His voice is limited, not a lot of range. Blake and Adam turned. I was okay with this, but wasn't feeling it 100%. Adam tells him his falsetto needs work, and he can help him with that.
Jarred chose Adam

Sam Robbins sang Time in a Bottle by Jim Croce-- He did have a beautiful voice! No one turned for him! I think it was too mellow, it didn't go anywhere. However, Sam did make it on Kelsea's comeback stage.

Edited Performances---
Colton Smith sang Alive by Sia-- Jennifer chose Colton

Kaley Hill sang Gold Dust Woman by Fleetwood Mac-- Blake chose Kaley


Finally.....
Kirk Jay sang God Bless the Broken Road by Rascal Flatts-- His voice is so strong and so clear. I was feeling his dynamics! I liked that when he sang, it very much came across that he was going somewhere with it, telling a story. Blake and Adam turned and then Kelly and Jennifer turned at the end. Adam said it sounded like Cee Lo Green singing a country song. Blake said I never thought of that and he went up and hugged Kirk. Adam said if you don't come to my team, I hope you go to Blake's team. Kirk said he is country til the day he dies. Kelly said he also had a Boyz II Men and Brian McKnight vibe. Adam said for the first time, I wanna see you on Blake's team. Blake said I just kissed Adam Levine. Jennifer said go with your heart honey.
Kirk said he definitely picks Blake

Mike Parker strikes me as a hard worker, he could be a dark horse in this competition.

And I loved Zaxai, Joey Green, and Kirk Jay-- they could all go far in this!



No comments: