Tuesday, November 10, 2015

The Voice Season 9: Live Again! Team Blake and Team Pharrell

Team Pharrell: Darius Scott sang Love Lockdown by Kanye West-- I loved the beginning, there were a lot of interesting choices, but I felt like it fell apart in the second half, and I wasn't an interested and intrigued. I agree with Adam, his vocal choices were cool and soulful, but again, I felt it came undone in the second half. Blake said he has never heard that song but is buying Darius's version.

Team Blake: Ivonne Acero sang One of Us by Joan Osbourne-- I don't know if this is necessarily the right song for her. That being said, she sang it really well. Gwen felt she was confident on the stage, and so strong and sure. Adam said she keeps getting better and she has grown in such a short amount of time. Blake said you're not a shy performer anymore, enjoy this moment.

Team Blake: Morgan Frazier sang Lips of an Angel by Hinder-- A star is born, I loved this performance, everything about it, killer vocals, crazy emotion, and pure power. She needs to move on. Pharrell said he knows why Blake snatched her to be back on his team. Blake said, you're like a country standard to me on the stage already. He said, if you don't make it through, people must be full of hate.

Team Pharrell: Evan McKeel sang Overjoyed by Stevie Wonder-- This was literally one of the best performances I've ever watched live on The Voice. I love the way Evan expressed himself. Gwen told him to watch his stage presence. Blake said the way you were able to navigate through that melody was incredible. Pharrell said, there were great notes you hit, I read your body language as genuine. I loved your honesty.

Team Pharrell: Madi Davis sang Song Bird by Fleetwood Mac-- I actually dug that performance too, it was very melodic and rhythmical. Adam said you just kinda popped up on my radar. Pharrell said you're 16, so talented beyond your years.

Team Pharrell: Celeste Betton (comeback artist) sang Something in the Water by Carrie Underwood-- I was a little bit confused with the beginning of the song, but in the end, she really brought it together. I loved how by the end, she found her voice. The vocal was beautiful. Pharrell said I have faith people are going to vote for you.

Team Blake: Zach Seaubaugh sang Brand New Girlfriend by Steve Holy-- I am loving his charisma, you need to have personality to sell this song, and he sold it. This was one of the best performances on the night, he has it in spades. Adam said you did everything you did really well, you have that thing, congratulations. Blake said I think you just bought yourself a ticket to the lives from here on out.

Team Pharrell: Riley Biedier sang It Should Have Been Us by Tori Kelly-- Gwen said she misses her and loved her confidence. Pharrell said you always had a great voice, I thought you fought. Okay, so I love that Tori Kelly song, she is major right now! I felt like Riley was definitely fighting, however, I did not feel that she was confident in the big notes. I felt like she hesitated and therefore, it didn't sound as good as it could have. She has tons of potential.

Team Blake: Nadjah Nicole (comeback artist) sang Upside Down by Diana Ross--  I felt like she was straight up channeling Diana Ross, she brought soul and rhythm. She really came alive in the second part of the song, and I think she made herself a contender to move on. Adam said I thoroughly enjoyed myself, thank you for that. Blake said I liked seeing you in this moment.

Team Blake: Emily Ann Roberts sang In the Garden-- I liked it but I was really distracted by her closing her mouth on a lot of the notes, and it sounded like "e" a lot. I think she has a sweet yet strong voice. Adam said the performance was so pure.

Team Pharrell: Mark Hood sang What Do You Mean? by Justin Bieber-- Totally wrong song for him. I think that song is way too simple, I would have had Mark sing Usher, Chris Brown, Marvin Gaye, that's his jam, not a Justin Bieber song. Adam said that was awesome. Blake said you sounded amazing, great job.

Team Blake: Barrett Baber sang I Drive Your Truck by Lee Brice-- Gwen said there is so much emotion, and you give so much of yourself and it's very powerful. Adam said I believe what you do is really powerful, and you have so much passion and belief in what you do. Blake said the only other artist I have seen give that much of themselves in a performance is Garth Brooks. I was overcome with emotion watching Barrett perform. I know a lot of people don't see the significance of that song, but it's about your memory of someone after you've lost them.

Team Blake moving forward: Barrett, Zach, Morgan..... long shot Emily Ann or Nadjah
Team Pharrell moving forward: Evan, Riley, Mark... long shot Madi

No comments: